My 1st Tano

MayBabe

Aug 19, 2008
Hey ladies,

So this is it! I purchased my 1st Tano. It's a boogie bucket handbag in blueberry. I was setting my eyes on a RM Nikki for a while. But i thought the price was a bit much for it.even tho i still love it now!!!! So i was browsing around find the Tano is very similar. (tell me if i am wrong please!) and i am hoping the leather will be similar too.

So i thought for a similar function, shape, quality bag, Tano has won my heart , I pressed the BIN button for this babe.

Anyone tell me more about this bag please? I know I probably made a decision too fast but i hope i won't regret it later;):P

Hi and welcome to your first Tano! Get ready for a MAJOR addiction! The blueberry Boogie was also MY first Tano. You are going to scream when you see it! I have since bought two more! Read all the threads regarding Boogies and you will be thrilled. It's a great bag and looks more expensive. I too was checking out those Nikkis but there was NO WAY I was going to spend that kind of money on a purse. This way you can have THREE Tanos for the price of one Nikki!

You are so right! But i am afraid now, coz i got addicted to RM now i will be addicted to Tano! OH MY POOR WALLET! next thing i will be cutting off my credit card and close my paypal account!

yes, it does take ALOT of discipline. I really got caught up in the frenzy this past month when the fall bags came out and everyone was going nuts ordering bags. My husband gave me some $ for my 50th so I could purchase my first one, but now I am digging in my closet for old bags to sell so I can buy more! Hang in there!

You've ordered a beauty MayBabe! I have the Blueberry boogie (named Betty) and it is such a great bag. If you are looking for a silhouette similar to Nikki, then also look at the Glitterati (currently only being offered in black and raspberry) on Luna Boston. You can also look for the past season bag called "Vixen Van GoGo". The leathers on RM bags vary so much that it is hard to compare it with the crunch leather. My persimmon MAM has very stiff/smooth leather whereas the other colors such as Concord (purple) are more wrinkled and smooshier. I like both RM leather and Tano leather for different reasons. I hope you will enjoy your blueberry boogie as much as I enjoy mine!

Ooohhhh welcome to Tano and congrats!!! Blueberry is a GORGEOUS color and the boogie is a total favorite of the Tano bags. I hope you love her... I also have ogled the Nikkis (seriously thought about droppin the cash for a cloud gray one) but I've held off. Can't wait to hear reviews of your first tano!

I own both an RM Nikki (had two, sold one) and multiple boogies. I like them both but they are very different. The leathers are very different. The way they are made are different. I don't know how to describe crunch leather but either you love it or you don't. I love it. It just depends on what you prefer. I prefer my Boogies. They are smaller (the Nikki is huge but if you have a smooshy one that makes it better) but yet they hold a ton. They give a great shape and break in after only a few days. The best part is they aren't delicate. With my Nikki I am very careful of where I sit it and scratches, etc. With the Boogie I don't have to worry about stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I like RM and think the bags are nice and well-made. But I'll take a Boogie over a Nikki personally.

Wow, thanks ladies.

I was truly happy when I saw Knasarae's comment. I love all RM's bags, but they are delicate and sometime i like to avoid the details, so if i scatched the bag, i'd be pisssed off for a long time. So hopefully, I won't be the same with Boogies.

I don't like HOBO be too big, coz i tend to loose stuff in the bag, but hopefully it is a good size for me. Now i have my eyes on

LITTLE RED CHEVETTE in Ruby. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi, MayBabe, I'm new to Tano too. I agree with the others; it's an addiction! I ended up buying 3 Boogie bags in 2 months. They are terrific bags, they're well-made and chic but don't need babying, hold a ton of stuff but are still light, and have just the right combination of slouch and structure, imo. As for the LRC, I have my eye on that one, too... it's purdy...

Wow, thanks ladies.

I was truly happy when I saw Knasarae's comment. I love all RM's bags, but they are delicate and sometime i like to avoid the details, so if i scatched the bag, i'd be pisssed off for a long time. So hopefully, I won't be the same with Boogies.

I don't like HOBO be too big, coz i tend to loose stuff in the bag, but hopefully it is a good size for me. Now i have my eyes on

I know a few people on the board have ordered the LRC in Ruby.. Peeking_Around has gotten hers already and it's gorgeous. She put up some pretty modeling and real life pictures of it so you should look for those too. I think it's a great looking bag and I'm not really a red bag person but the Ruby is something else:tup:

Wow, thanks ladies.

The LRC is wonderful. Really - I can NOT even put into words how great this bag is. It's the perfect size and I haven't lost anything in the bag - it's big enough to be really roomy but small enough that it's not a black hole.

Even though this bag isn't structured like I'm used to - I love how when I put my belongings in .. they don't shuffle around in there. Everything is always right where I put it.

The color is fantastic. I'm not a "color" person - I always feel I can't pull colors off well at all - but I am wearing this bag with pride and feeling confident. It's such a deep rich red that it just looks like a classic bag - feels like one also.

I could go on and on about this bag .. but I don't wanna keep blurting out how much I love her.

^^ No, Peeking - please do go on!! I just ordered one and I'm nervous about the color, so it makes me feel better to hear you say that you're not a "color" person and it still works for you. :smile: I keep looking at my blah wardrobe and thinking I'm going to have to send the LRC back once it gets here because I am too old and boring for it, LOL!!!

I keep looking at my blah wardrobe and thinking I'm going to have to send the LRC back once it gets here because I am too old and boring for it, LOL!!!

Doubtful - and I doubt you are "old" - come on now .. you are only as old as you feel. Though today - I seriously feel like I'm pushing late 90's .. my back is aching :crybaby: and I'm all hunched over.

Anyhow - you will LOVE it. It's got enough oommph to make a difference but subtle enough where you won't feel like a teeny bopper carrying it. I am seriously really picky about my purses. So much so that I've bought, returned, bought and returned so many times that DH is like :rant::censor: - :wtf:

I can seriously honestly say this - out of all the bags I have ever bought - (1 Chanel, 2 LV's, Makowsky, Badgley Mischka :yucky:, Gucci, Dior, - and a few others I can't remember at the moment) - that this is by far the bag I have been most pleased with right off the bat, happiest with and in love with straight out of the box. I am NOT a red bag person, I am a black or brown bag girl - structured bags - with little to no hardware on it. So this is saying alot from me about the LRC.

Congrats on your blueberry boogie! You're going to LOVE it! Once you get it broken in a bit, it will be the most comfortable, slouchy bag...just my opinion, but that's what happened to me. I just discovered Tano a couple of months ago and I can't believe how many great bags there are! I also love Belen Echandia and carried Coach for a long time but have now found that the Tano bags are so practical and gorgeous. Don't forget to post pics!