My 1st MJ =(

mawygrrl23

Mrs. Do
Jan 4, 2009
I received my black Large Single today and I absolutely loved it BUT...

I noticed about 3 tiny scuffs on the front. You can only see them if you pay close attention to them, but the thing is, that I know they are there. I am really bummed out because I have been waiting for the bag to arrive for 2 weeks. :nuts:

I don't know if I should keep it or exchange it. What would you do?

is it something that maybe a little bit of Cadillac or Apple would fix?
If it's really noticeable to you, then I would exchange it for another one - I know that feeling when you're bags not "perfect" - that one tiny flaw will always bother you. When I first got my Lg Single, it has a small scratch,scuff on the front right underneath the snap - it was so tiny and barely noticeable to anyone but me, but I still got another one as I knew it would always bother me --

Where did you get it from? Would it be easy to exhchange it?

I bought it online, bloomingdales.com. We don't have a bloomingdales here in Texas. I was also thinking about the hassle of returning the item, paying for shipping, waiting for them to receive my item and then sending me another bag. Just sounds like a lot of work. But then again, I think if I don't exchange the bag, those little flaws are going to haunt me...lol

Thanks for you reply =)

Normally I would say return it, but...

in this case I think it's risky. What if you get another one that's worse? And you have to pay for shipping, and wait for it to be processed and a new one to be delivered.

In this case I'd stick with the one you got... Eventually you're bound to get scuffs/marks from use anyway.

:biggrin:

Aww.. I'm sorry that you received a bag with flaws. If it were me, I'd exchange it because it would bother me (I'd rather be the one to damage the bag than have it come pre-damaged). Does Bloomies not do free exchanges? I hope everything works out for you!

I bought a RM from Bloomingdales online (I'm in TX too). It arrived in a squashed box and it was squashed too. I went online and wrote customer service. They were very easy to deal with. They even credited my card before they received the returned bag. As soon as UPS scanned the return label, I had my refund.

I would contact them, go ahead and order another one, and get the return to UPS asap. Or wait until another one arrives, compare the two and return whichever one you don't want.

my thoughts

I would exchange it too. If you're worried enough to post this thread, I think it would bug you too much to keep it. I'm the same way... I would definitely notice/think about the flaws. Maybe you could do what nascar fan suggested and order another and keep the on you like.

On another note, I didn't know that Texas didn't have any Bloomies...

i'm sorry you're not happy with your single. i would definitely exchange it if conditioner doesn't work. you shouldn't have to pay for shipping if you're exchanging a damaged item, right?

Normally I would say return it, but...

in this case I think it's risky. What if you get another one that's worse? And you have to pay for shipping, and wait for it to be processed and a new one to be delivered.

In this case I'd stick with the one you got... Eventually you're bound to get scuffs/marks from use anyway.

:biggrin:

I agree.

If you don't have a Bloomies, I wouldn't risk it. It would be more of a pain/hassle if you got another one that was worse & then you would have to worry about more shipping costs.

Thank you all for your replies and advice. Last night I got a slightly wet tissue paper and gently rubbed the marks on the bag; to my surprise the marks came off. But I did noticed another scuff on the bottom of the bag..lol. That one did not come off. I think I can live with that scuff though. I will wait until tomorrow to see the bag in bright daylight to determine whether it's a keeper or not.

If I keep it, I will post pictures =)