My 1st LV & Champs-Elysees Paris

lhasalove

Feb 6, 2008
hello! i'm new to the forum. i've viewed this forum many times to help me figure which LV bag i'd purchase first. i decided my first bag would be the Tivoli GM...if i was lucky to find one.

The LV forum helped me with a lot of info, so i figured it would be nice to share my experiences too and contribute as well.

reading thru the forum i prepared myself for what others experienced while going to the Champs-Elysses store. a couple of things that stood out were that there might be a line to get into the store and asian women might ask you to purchase bags for them. luckily, when I went this past April, i didn't have to wait in line and asian ladies didn't ask me to buy bags for them.
walking in to the store was a great feeling:nuts: i walked up to the SA and asked if they had any Tivoli GMs. Sadly the SA said no.:sad: She said they got some yesterday but by morning were sold out and today they didn't receive any. she said i should come back tomorrow morning when they open. i didn't want to leave empty handed so i asked if they had the montergueil. apparently it hasn't been released in paris, so I ended up getting a monogram speedy 30. i was going to get the 35, but my husband said it looked to big.

the next day, we had breakfast at Laudree and headed to the store 15 minutes before they opened. to my surprise there were people already there. when the store opened i frantically found a SA. while doing so another couple asked for the tivoli and the SA said yes we do have a few today. for a happy ending, i was able to get a Tivoli gm:yahoo:

even though the dollar is weak right now, the bags were still cheaper in europe. i just noticed they raised the price for the Tivoli too! we practically hit up every LV store during our stay in Italy as well. it was cool checking out their displays and seeing the limited edition bags i haven't seen here at home.

Do you mind me asking you how many euros it cost to purchase the tivoli gm?

The price of the bag on louisvuitton.com is 810 Euro yet my aunty called today and said that she was told by lv the bag was around 850 Euro. She was also told that she might not receive the bag within the two months before she comes to Australia because there is a huuuuuuuuuge waiting list.

I'm really confused to how this all works, especially how you managed to pick one up by just walking in. Do bags get put aside for those who wait?

Congrats on your new bag!

When I'm in Paris, I shop at the Saint Germain LV store. They usually have better stock and it's much less crowded than the Champs Elysees store - I've never had to wait for a SA and they've always had what I wanted. I was just there last week and got the Sunset Boulevard in Pomme D'Amour and the iphone case in red Epi, which was sold out everywhere else.

Congrats on getting the bag! I'm actually going to Paris in June and I'm hitting up the Champs-Elysées store too so I'm curious to see what it's like. I hope there are no line-ups or snotty SAs!

Congrats on your new bag!

When I'm in Paris, I shop at the Saint Germain LV store. They usually have better stock and it's much less crowded than the Champs Elysees store - I've never had to wait for a SA and they've always had what I wanted. I was just there last week and got the Sunset Boulevard in Pomme D'Amour and the iphone case in red Epi, which was sold out everywhere else.

I prefer the Saint Germaine store too. Also the Galleries Lafayette LV processes the VAT refund the quickest. :tup:

Congrats!

I went to the Champs-Elysees store back in 2006 but I didn't care for LV back then (can you believe it?!). I just went in to get a gift for my mom and wanted to get out as soon as possible since it was so packed. I regret not looking around. Next time I'll spend hours in there haha.