My 1st High End Bag, Gucci Large Tote; have a few ?s

JATPrototype

Oct 22, 2007
I've been saving up a couple months now to buy a high end designer bag. I'm a guy and I love fashion and style which is why I got interested in the first place. I initially had my eye on LV or Balenciaga but as a college student I needed to spend my money a little more carefully. Then when I was searching through the Gucci website I saw a few items I wanted. I had read about the upcoming sales for Gucci and NM and thought I would be able to get a great deal on a bag. So when the NM private event sale came up, I saw they put the tote bag I wanted on sale so I just had to get it. Luckily for me it was the last one in stock. It arrived yesterday and when I took it out of the box I absolutely fell in love with it. However, since this is my first bag/Gucci item, I have a couple of questions about this. I know its part of the Travel line and the canvas is GG Plus. I read its a coated canvas and it's very durable on the forum but I'd like to know specific details. For anyone that knows how does the GG Plus canvas hold up to everyday use and things such as rain? What type of maintence practices should I adopt to keep the bag in good condition? I plan on carrying it to all my college classes so I would really like to know more about the durability.

100_0383.jpg

Ignore the date forgot to change it

Congrats on your first Gucci!

GG plus I've heard is very durable. I don't own a bag in GG plus, but it's kind of the equivalent of the LV monogram canvas (it's coated canvas), so it's definitely waterproof and all. As far as I know, you don't really need to baby GG plus bags apart from the leather.