My 1st chloe...but....

babegeorgina

Apr 25, 2009
Hi ladies, i bought this chloe elsie mini square shoulder bag @bluefly and just received it this afternoon. I was so excited that I could score this elsie bag online since my city doesnt have a chloe boutique...however, when i opened the box, i saw this small white spot on the leather ....and my heart was broken....i am 99% sure this bag is authentic, but it is probly a defective one....rite? I am not sure if should I keep the bag...i really like it...

5190535243_a0e5301e7b_b.jpg

5190553111_c35f2f5b52_b.jpg

5190536817_53ee8d3026_b.jpg

I love that bag! But, I'm a perfectionist and the spot would bother me, unless I got the bag deeply discounted. I would follow llson's advice and find out if Bluefly will give you a price adjustment for the flaw and if so then you have to decide if you can live with it.

Before you return it, you could ask your local leather repair store and ask them if this is something they could fix. If not, then definitely return it. IF I really, really loved the bag, the color and style, etc., and I got a great deal on it - I would keep it if it could be touched up. It isn't too noticeable from the photos anyway - but I can understand how you would want the bag to be perfect. It's funny, the more I love the bag overall I can deal with a little imperfection, but if it's not my absolute favorite bag, it better be perfect at least.

thank you all ladies~ i called bluefly and they agreed to do a price adjustment for me - thats an additional 15%off....like madforchloe said,"the more I love the bag overall I can deal with a little imperfection" and that additional 15% makes me feel a little bit better. ;)

A few weeks ago I bought the elsie wallet that match your bag at the printemps in paris, it also was the last one in brown and it kinda have the same thing too ! So i just put some leather cream care on it several times and it desappeared ! You should try this too !
Btw this bag is beautiful !!

congratulations babegeorgina - I'm glad you decided to keep her because everything about it is gorgeous!! That is great that you worked out a little extra discount with Bluefly - everything worked out perfectly! Enjoy the Elsie she is gorgeous! And a little leather conditioner/lotion always works wonders to buff out the slightest imperfections! :flowers::smile:

Glad to hear you got extra % off. It's a gorgeous bag and the colour is perfect. you will probably/hopefully not think about the mark when you start using her. Some leather cream or gel could also help, just be aware that some might make the bag look slightly darker. Congrats and Enjoy!

SO happy to hear that bluefly gave you wonderful customer service, I've never ordered anything from there but now I feel confident that if something goes wrong they will take care of it.