My 1st Chanel! Which one?!?!

foxytnns

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Hi everyone!

So I found out last night that I passed the California bar exam (YAY :yahoo:!!!).

For the past 5+ years my dad has been promising to buy me a Chanel bag once I passed the bar so today is the day that I get to start shopping!

I own lots of Gucci and Louis, but no Chanel so I need HELP!

• I want something classic and that I will get a lot of use out of.
  • Probably something black since I feel it goes with everything.
  • I want something affordable (I know, "Chanel" and "affordable" don't really belong in the same sentence, but you know, I don't want my dad breaking the bank for this bag.
  • I do want new, not pre-owned
But that's about all I know. What do you all suggest for the perfect 1st bag?

I'm located in California so if you know the prices I'd greatly appreciate it if you include them in the post-just so I have an idea of what I'm getting (err, my dad) is getting into :P

TIA!!!

Congrats! I think that a black cerf tote would be perfect! It is such a fabulous bag, and it is a lot less expensive than a jumbo or maxi.

At first it seems a bit dull..but once you use it, it is the best bag ever! And it easily holds files or a small computer so it is the perfect "passing the bar" gift.

I have both GST and Cerf. I have heard others complain of the strap problem with GST, but I have never had this problem.

I love them both, but I like the Cerf the most....and it can go everyday, travel or work equally well. I find that it is even good for a casual evening.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Couple more questions:

Any suggestions about the best store to purchase Chanel at? Saks, Neimans, Chanel boutique, etc?

Also is there a certain time of the year when it's best to purchase Chanel?

Thanks!

Congrats! I do own a couple of flaps, the smaller ones are more affortable than the jumbo or maxi but I do feel the flaps are more used as evening bags whatever the size. The GST and the medallion are very good choices for day-to-evening. I know that the GST is around 1600 EURO including VAT and the medallion around 1450EURO. The PST is also nice and more affortable.

Congrats on passing the bar exam! You deserve a Chanel! Yes a GST would be great and I will agree with a Medallion TOte. It's classy, big, and you can fit alot into it and the prices are always right for its size and utility.

Yes, a classic + an everyday bag = definitely GST or Jumbo. I have them both and I wear them every other day that I'm not working. Get them in black cuz they go with every outfit!! And you wont regret any of them!

Wow, thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I'm thinking a GST, Jumbo or Cerf may be my best options.

Does anyone have any idea of the current US prices for any of these bags?

Also, gold hardware or silver? I'm leaning towards silver because I wear more silver/white gold but gold seems so "classic Chanel" to me :shrugs: