My 1st Celine Slate Blue & Undecided - Help!

bagwatcher

Jun 18, 2007
Just outside NYC
So, I just nabbed this bag yesterday at Nordy's in a store that did not carry Celine. It was someone else's return but it was stunning so I took it home with me. Now I am having second thoughts because:
- I am a stay at home mom with two elementary school kids and I run around from one activity to another
- I am concerned about maintenance
- I really think I may have made an impulse purchase
- wondering if the black or grey stamped croc or a dark tan would be a better choice.
I don't know if they come in this size though. The larger bag would be too big for me. Also I don't know if the leather is stiffer on other bags and if they would suit my needs better. I'd have to go another store to really compare and they would be over an hour away to view a really good selection.
What do you think?

bagwatcher

Jun 18, 2007
Just outside NYC
So, I just nabbed this bag yesterday at Nordy's in a store that did not carry Celine. It was someone else's return but it was stunning so I took it home with me. Now I am having second thoughts because:
- I am a stay at home mom with two elementary school kids and I run around from one activity to another
- wondering if the black or grey stamped croc or a dark tan would be a better choice.
I don't know if they come in this size though. The larger bag would be too big for me. Also I don't know if the leather is stiffer on other bags and if they would suit my needs better. I'd have to go another store to really compare and they would be over an hour away to view a really good selection.
What do you think?

Last edited:

unoma

I wish i was rich :)
Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 10, 2008
EUROPE
What do you think?
I understand how you feel and i always baby my bags but with kids around, it feels impossible.
If you are bothered about maintenance, i will get a black or tan but not grey stamped croc.
Happy Hunting:smile:

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
Slate Blue is pretty and unique, but I think Black Crock Stamped Phantom is more luxury, classic and practical. If you could, you should go to a store with more selections and compare them IRL. About sizing, I would go with Small since it is big enough for most of the girls due to the square base.

bagwatcher

Jun 18, 2007
Just outside NYC
Slate Blue is pretty and unique, but I think Black Crock Stamped Phantom is more luxury, classic and practical. If you could, you should go to a store with more selections and compare them IRL. About sizing, I would go with Small since it is big enough for most of the girls due to the square base.
Thank you so much!! I think you are right about the black croc being more luxurious. I can't keep my eyes off it when I see someone carrying it. I will have to take this bag back - as that is what my gut is telling me and I'll make a trip out to Greenwich to see the bags there at Saks. They had a big selection there last time I stopped by but I didn't have time to try any on. Again many thanks to you both!!!!!!!

starshar

May 2, 2011
The croc is indeed more luxurious. But i have differ thoughts about liking it because it doesnt really seem to fit in my lifestyle. I like to dress casual on most days so the croc will look very out of place. Loving my black phantom that fits every of my outfits.

Same goes for your slate blue. Its a wonderful color. And maybe the way you dress should also factor in if you would like a croc.

bagwatcher

Jun 18, 2007
Just outside NYC
Well, I just returned the slate blue bag. If anyone is interested you can call Erin at the Paramus NJ Nordstrom store because I left it there earlier today. Now I'm trying to find the black stamped croc - the hunt is on!