My 1986 "i santi" -- Souvenir from Italy

mickeywickey

Nov 7, 2010
My first trip to Italy - I was 16. My family and I had traveled to Germany many times, where I got the most outrageous Italian shoes. I was so excited to go to Milan, but blech! I guess they exported all the cool shoes (obviously not, but I didn't know where to find them).

Not being into traditional souvenirs, I prefer a practical item to remind me of my travels. I really liked this small clutch and used it for a couple of years. Been in my closet ever since. It was very expensive at the time, with the exchange rate, it was nearly $300!

Is "i santi" the same as "Santi" that I found on a search of this board?

Attachments

Sep 13, 2007
The prairies of the Midwest
That is a really lovely clutch! :biggrin: It looks very well made to. Looks like one of those classic Made In Italy bags that were crafted with great care at the height of Italian leather-workin expertise. Definitely something to cherish. I don't know anything about Santi bags. Just wanted to say thank you for posting the pictures. The bag is lovely and looks extremely practical. I take it you got a lot of use out of it?

mickeywickey

Nov 7, 2010
Thanks for your comments. It is extremely well made, and something I do cherish. When I wore it at first, I felt very grown-up! Now of course it makes me feel young again, all from a little Italian clutch.