My 100% authentic bag was wrongly authenticated by PB expert. I want justice :)

Oh dear, you had to send AF's "Celine authenticator" links and by doing so, they changed their mind?
It sounds like this authentication service (and I was use that term loosely) doesn't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Did AF deem the bag to be authentic...or the box?
my bag model called Celine Box
LOL! I know little (actually nothing) about Celine but the style of bag is called "box."
:smile:

Is there any chance to reach to Lesley Coyne? as I understand she is trusted Celine brand expert. Her opinion is really important for me. And as I've wrote before, I'm ready to pay again for authentication.

Is there any chance to reach to Lesley Coyne? as I understand she is trusted Celine brand expert. Her opinion is really important for me. And as I've wrote before, I'm ready to pay again for authentication.

Try reaching out to her on her FB page ( if you have FBaccess) & submit all the required info w/clear photos.
You might also mention that you need a timely response

Last edited:
I agree with other posters that I'd just disregard *****************'s findings and look for a more trustworthy opinion. Obviously, they don't know what they're talking about. I hope that the buyer at least got their money back for their original "authentication" since even AF decided it was wrong.

You will laugh - at first they decided that Celine never had pink box in large size.

Here what they wrote to me - "Per our expert:

Celine NEVER made a PINK LARGE BOX. Only medium sizes"

I showed them the links to Celine box handbags in pink. And specified that my bag exactly a medium size one. After that their Celine expert change their mind.

Holy crap, what complete and total frauds!

I don't know how to thank, BeenBurned and Lesley Coyne for their help and assistance in resolving my issue. It wasn't easy. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (21).png
    Снимок экрана (21).png
    169.6 KB · Views: 351
Reactions: BeenBurned
I'm so glad this worked out. And now you have a certificate to add to your listing for the same bag so it won't happen again.

BTW, have you sent a link to this thread to the buyer? In her defense, the buyer didn't do wrong here. She posted here, got what she'd thought was an accurate assessment, went to ***************** probably not knowing that they didn't know the brand and trusted that she was getting accurate information. Maybe if she learns the bag really IS genuine, she'll be interested in buying it back.

In fact, IMO, AF owes the buyer a refund because they didn't give her the accurate information. It's one thing to pay for a service and even if you don't hear what you'd hoped, it's accurate, but to pay for an inept evaluation is wrong. And it cost her (the buyer) and you money that neither would have been out had the information received been accurate.

It's also worth noting that if you did not personally purchase an item directly from a branded boutique or authorized department store, and you want to sell that item, it MUST be authenticated by a reputable authentication service. That certificate needs to be included in the listing. i will never understand why every seller of luxury goods doesn't protect themselves from situations like this one. People would save themselves so much time, energy, and money if they would just go the extra mile to protect themselves.

It's also worth noting that if you did not personally purchase an item directly from a branded boutique or authorized department store, and you want to sell that item, it MUST be authenticated by a reputable authentication service. That certificate needs to be included in the listing. i will never understand why every seller of luxury goods doesn't protect themselves from situations like this one. People would save themselves so much time, energy, and money if they would just go the extra mile to protect themselves.
People can falsify authentication certificates. People can picture one item and send a different item. JMHO but having a certificate in a listing potentially proves nothing.