Musty scent in prevloved bag

HannaS1001

Feb 18, 2020
I am super sensitive to odors and I got this beautiful bag , mint condition but has a musty odor. Husband put a bowl of coffee grounds inside the bag, how long should we leave it in there? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

I've never heard of the coffee grounds, but I used one of those baking soda boxes that goes in the fridge (it has the vents). I used that for about a week with one bag, and most of the smell was gone. I think it just depends on how much odor it has.

Reactions: 880 and HannaS1001
I've never heard of the coffee grounds, but I used one of those baking soda boxes that goes in the fridge (it has the vents). I used that for about a week with one bag, and most of the smell was gone. I think it just depends on how much odor it has.
Sadly nothing is working so I’m sending it in to Dooney

Reactions: 880
sounds like your mind is made up but I would have advised hanging it in the moonlight if you live in a place where you can do that
sounds strange but my elderly MIL told me about this and I've had stains disappear from clothing by doing it.

never heard of that before. I did send it to Dooney. It just was not worth the hassle with my allergies

Reactions: sdkitty
oh, I'd forgotten you bought it from them....so now you have a credit and no bag? (until you find something else)
i did NOT buy it from them. Their trade in program allows you to trade in your dooneys for a credit which is what I did . I don’t know how much the credit is for yet as the bag is still in transit to them
as far as I was concerned a bag with a bad smell is like having nothing anyway :sad:

i did NOT buy it from them. Their trade in program allows you to trade in your dooneys for a credit which is what I did . I don’t know how much the credit is for yet as the bag is still in transit to them
as far as I was concerned a bag with a bad smell is like having nothing anyway :sad:
I don't know what you paid for the bag but hope this works out for you
that's pretty good customer service since you didn't buy from them
I once sent a RM bag to them for repair. I'd bought it on ebay. they repaired the handles at no charge but took a long time and did a crappy job on it. I'm sorry now that I didn't return it to the seller. I had paid top dollar for it and it was not as described. she said the edgecoat on the handles was supposed to be cracked (and gave me a small partial refund)
Hope you get a decent credit

I don't know what you paid for the bag but hope this works out for you
that's pretty good customer service since you didn't buy from them
I once sent a RM bag to them for repair. I'd bought it on ebay. they repaired the handles at no charge but took a long time and did a crappy job on it. I'm sorry now that I didn't return it to the seller. I had paid top dollar for it and it was not as described. she said the edgecoat on the handles was supposed to be cracked (and gave me a small partial refund)
Hope you get a decent credit

i honestly don’t know how it will go , I reached out to Dooney and they said send it so I did lol

the seller of this smelly bag was being unreasonable , first off she sent calf skin satchel knowing I wanted and thought i was buying a samba, and it smelled bad. In spite of scamming me she insisted i pay return shipping. I really didn’t want any part of her anymore so I reached out to Dooney.

i honestly don’t know how it will go , I reached out to Dooney and they said send it so I did lol

the seller of this smelly bag was being unreasonable , first off she sent calf skin satchel knowing I wanted and thought i was buying a samba, and it smelled bad. In spite of scamming me she insisted i pay return shipping. I really didn’t want any part of her anymore so I reached out to Dooney.
a hate hassling with people either as a seller or buyer....you probably could have prevailed with ebay but not sure about the shipping part....hope it works out for you