Alexander Wang MUSTARD Anyone...???

I will scoobiesmomma:smile:. I got the blue ocean yesterday and I was not thrilled. :huh: I packed it up and it's shipping out. It was a nice color, but it didn't really pop like I wanted. I would rather have a mulberry alexa in grape. The pebbles on it were just okay...nothing exciting as my black/gold studded rocco.

I hope the mustard is exciting in person. I like the outfits polyvore pairs with the color.:coolio:
http://www.polyvore.com/alexander_wang_rocco_mini_duffle/thing?id=20810196

I'm sorry the blue did not work for you Boxer but thanks for the great review. I was hoping (if I had managed to get my hands on one) that it would be a more vibrant blue IRL so your description saved me.

Polyvore does a great job with those pairings:nuts:! I'm really excited to see your Mustard Boxer and I hope she is perfect:heart:.

To be fair about the ocean blue, I did not view it in natural light. I wasn't happy with the pebbling so I didn't really give the bag a chance. Although, IMO Balenciaga does a better blue.;)

I don't know what's going on with the rocco's lately. It seems the pebbling is really hit or miss...more miss for me. :-s

Boxermomof2, did you get your Mustard Rocco? Or i misunderstood?

I'm very curious, my friend is in NYC heading toward Opening Ceremony shop to pick up a Diego for me. I've told him to choose between luggage or mustard depending on the leather pebbles , but my 1º choice is mustard.

Last edited:
I have pictures! Sadly, I'm not keeping this bag. The color was fine but one side of the bag was too smooth for my taste. The pebbling on this bag is better than what I have been getting, but I still was not in love with it. I'm chasing after the pebbles on my black bag and I may never have that again.:crybaby:
I took photos of the mustard next to my luggage rocco for color comparison.
Here is the good side of the bag I received. The pebbles are so pretty...

DSC01613.jpg

The smooth side (leather is very thin on this side). You can see the bag had surface scratches straight out of the bag.
DSC01607.jpg

The cupcake studs are perfect for this color!!!

DSC01623.jpg

Boxermomof2, I understand what you mean, my friend picked for me the D. luggage cos the back side of the mustard, was just flat and smooth, not pebbled, I believe just like in yours. The color looks good do. What a disappointment, I think it's happening in most of the mustard bags.

My D. Lgg should be landing soon....

Thanks for posting pics of the mustard! I would have gotten one from ShopBop too, but I bailed after I found out I couldn't get the 20% off. Sorry it's not working out for you. I think it's strange that one side is very pebbly and the other side is not.

Oh yikes.... side #1 is great but #2 not so much... Boxermom I worked with an SA at Barneys and he picked out bags exactly to what I described over the phone - I also like heavy fat pebbling and super thick leather - I have 5 bags and all of them are exactly what I wanted. Maybe that is an option for you?

Oh yikes.... side #1 is great but #2 not so much... Boxermom I worked with an SA at Barneys and he picked out bags exactly to what I described over the phone - I also like heavy fat pebbling and super thick leather - I have 5 bags and all of them are exactly what I wanted. Maybe that is an option for you?

I was wondering if that was an option. Can you tell me who you worked with?
I'm extremely disappointed with the quality of AW bags this season.