Boston

Thank you so much! I looooved Newbury Street when I visited (and was incredibly jealous of my cousin's apartment just a block or so away from it all!) and I've heard so much about Legal Seafood from several people that I can't wait to try it!

Those outlets also sound fabulous...thanks again!!

Welcome to Boston! I am also from the area!

Brighton/Allston is a GREAT area for nightlife! Lots of places to go to such as the Kells, Whitehorse Tavern, Big City, Sunset bar, there are TONS more!

I also agree with the places Caley listed.

Harvard Square also has some eccentric shopping places and great restaurants and is a little more low-key but vivid nightlife. Down the street is Central Sq in Cambridge- has some hidden gem restaurants. Another shopping mall is Cambridgeside Galleria.

And you cannot miss the North End just down the street from Faneuil Hall for incredible Italian dining.

http://boston.citysearch.com/find/section/boston/bars_nightlife.html

Go to that link at citysearch- it gives info on lots of clubs and other places.

Again, welcome! PM me if you have any questions.

By the way, the good restaurants in Central Sq are Central Kitchen, the Middle East Restaurant/ZuZu, several Indian restaurants that are really good, and Rendezvous which is a (pricey) but good French place. Central Sq. is not exactly easy on the eyes, but it has lots to offer. ;) It's right near MIT.

How about a meet on Newbury Street or Copley Place?

I am really new to organizing a meet, but I was on Newbury Street and thought it would be so fun to have all the tpfers there. My BF just doesn't understand the full love of purses!!

Mods- Let me know if this is the right place to post this or if it has already been done.

Thanks Girls, hopefully we can organize something!!! :P

I'm taking a trip to NYC this december after that me and my girlfriends are stopping by Boston as well. Any tips on what do, where to go, where to shop, where to eat? Would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance :cutesy:

Newbury Street for GREAT shopping (and food), Fanuel Hall (for more shopping) and you MUST go to Durgin Park Restraunt (famous for the prime rib) which is in Fanuel Hall, it wouldnt be a trip to boston with out it! Downtown Crossing for - you guessed it- shopping. Also Go to the Pru (Prudential Center) and do the sky walk, its about 50 (i think) stories up and you can see the entire city from a 360 degree birds eye view. The Aquarium and Mueseaum of Science (need to see an Omni Theater show!) are a blast, Museum of Fine Arts is always classic - if you like museums take the T to Harvard University and check out the Fogg Museum. So much more but those are my favorite things to do there!!

Louis Boston on Newbury is the most fashionable store in Boston
cute shops along Charles Street in Beacon Hill
Newbury St. in general to see and be seen (lots of shops, salons, restaurants)
restaurants in the South End are the best, in my opinion
seafood restaurants near the waterfront, I haven't been to many, but it's the quintessential thing to do
Harvard Square/Harvard yard for sightseeing

Newbury Street for GREAT shopping (and food), Fanuel Hall (for more shopping) and you MUST go to Durgin Park Restraunt (famous for the prime rib) which is in Fanuel Hall, it wouldnt be a trip to boston with out it! Downtown Crossing for - you guessed it- shopping. Also Go to the Pru (Prudential Center) and do the sky walk, its about 50 (i think) stories up and you can see the entire city from a 360 degree birds eye view. The Aquarium and Mueseaum of Science (need to see an Omni Theater show!) are a blast, Museum of Fine Arts is always classic - if you like museums take the T to Harvard University and check out the Fogg Museum. So much more but those are my favorite things to do there!!

where is the downtown crossing? I've been to boston once but only spent very little time there. I've been to Pru loved it :yes: By T do u mean the bus or train? for some weird reason someone told me that the buses and trains are called T?

how's the weather in Boston during december? I'm going mid december. I hope its not worse than midwest weather.

Oh and any suggestions for a really good Japanese restaurant in Boston? I'd love to splurge on dinner for one night. And also recommendations for good bakeries. thanks!

definitely newbury street for shops and restaurants. the pru and copley for more high end shopping.

downtown crossing is near the common. it is a t (subway) stop. has H&M among other stores. www.mbta.com has all the info you need for traveling by subway/bus.

two really good japanese restaurants imo are ginza and fugakyu....which are both near the boston univ. campus. they are very close to t stops on the green line on the C line part of the green going outbound.
www.ginzaboston.com

december it gets pretty cold....but i don't think its as severe as midwest weather?

mike's pastry in the north end always gets rave reviews. haven't been there myself (i don't know what i was thinking). www.mikespastry.com

boston can be quite chilly in december, so bundle up! if you are on limited time, downtown crossing would be my last choice for shopping- there's a lot of construction, etc. kind of yucky. newbury street would be my first choice- it's beautiful, nice shops, plenty of places to have a nice dinner or snack, it's near the public gardens, and it's close to copley and the pru. have fun!!!