Must I wait to hear back from buyer about canceling transaction before relisting?

bumble1

Aug 12, 2007
I sent a message through the resolution center about her not paying in the time frame I stated in the auction, but haven't heard back yet. Must I wait through the 7-day resolution period? I have a feeling she doesn't want what she bought (fine by me, I don't want her business), but that she also won't respond about ending it. Thanks.

Thanks. My other question is, does she have the right to disrupt a resale if it happens before the 7 day resolution period is over? Meaning, what if I sell the item, and on Day 6 the original buyer suddenly wants to pay?

Thanks. My other question is, does she have the right to disrupt a resale if it happens before the 7 day resolution period is over? Meaning, what if I sell the item, and on Day 6 the original buyer suddenly wants to pay?

Yes that is a possibility but you can either refund her in full or cancel the 2nd listing as long as it has at least 12h left.

What was the time frame you stated in the auction? E-bay allows buyers 7 days, no matter what your auction said. You can not do anything until the 7 day period is over. then, you can ask her to mutually agree to cancel the listing or file a NPB.

If what you are saying is that you already filed the NPB, then I believe you have to wait the 7 day period for that as well.

Sorry, your post is a little confusing as to how far along in the process you already are.

you need to wait 7 days before you can open a NPB , sometimes this is enough to get the buyer to pay up, so the problem you'll have is that you might have 2 buyers for 1 item and someone will be annoyed as they won't get what they won.
i always wait till i've filed the NPB before relisting, and it doesn't matter what you stated in your listing, buyers always have 7 days to pay.

I had actually stated buyers must pay within 2 days and it's been 3. Maybe not a big deal, though I haven't heard from her, but I'm nervous now because I see she bought a knockoff off the authentic item I'm selling, and I fear she'll try to claim that's what I sent her and keep the real one, so I am definitely eager to cancel this.

I feel your pain, when you have lots of watchers and more than one bidder, it really hurts when the winner is silent. It becomes too late to offer a second chance to the runner up, they are no longer interested, of course you don't know who all those watchers were, and you have a dead-beat buyer.

Beginning next month (I believe) you can specify payment due in as little as four days on auction listings. If I remember correctly once you have that in your auction and payment is not made within the four days, Ebay takes over and you don't have to wait for response from buyer, you can relist immediately.

If you have an Ebay store you almost have to run an auction to get the traffic to your store, so at least the agony of a non-paying bidder is shortened come September.

IF she pays, send the item with a security tag , or mark it with an ultra-violet pen, when you send it out, let her know it's on it's way and tell her all the items you send are tagged/marked so you can protect yourself against bait and switch..or something like that.

Honestly, 2 days isnt much time. And like I stated, e-bay right now gives them 7 days before you can do anything.

Maybe send her a message saying hi, I hope you still want this item since I see you recently purchased another bag like this one. I am happy to cancel this transaction immediately.

Maybe this way you are letting her know that OK, I see you bought the fake one and mine, so no pulling wool over my eyes.