Must have? or wait to see what's next?

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
I've been learning so much on tpf the past few months that I have started my Coach obsession :smile: I have since purchased more than I really should have...:smile:, but all my bags are leather. My question is I have a Macy's gift card & today there is a sale on clearance bags...the COACH POPPY METALLIC SIGNATURE SATEEN GLAM & COACH POPPY EMBROIDERED SIGNATURE C GLAM TOTE...oh and Hampton weekend bags are all on clearance too. So my question is do I spend my gift card on these bags that everyone says one needs a glam tote :smile: ooooorrr- save it for another leather bag later when the other Coach bags are on sale?

I think at the outlet they usually have Glam totes, but don't know how much...so I don't know if they are always available for good prices or if I should move on the deal now.

Thanks for helping this indecisive tpf'er :smile:

Last edited:

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
I've been learning so much on tpf the past few months that I have started my Coach obsession :smile: I have since purchased more than I really should have...:smile:, but all my bags are leather. My question is I have a Macy's gift card & today there is a sale on clearance bags...the COACH POPPY METALLIC SIGNATURE SATEEN GLAM & COACH POPPY EMBROIDERED SIGNATURE C GLAM TOTE...oh and Hampton weekend bags are all on clearance too. So my question is do I spend my gift card on these bags that everyone says one needs a glam tote :smile: ooooorrr- save it for another leather bag later when the other Coach bags are on sale?

I think at the outlet they usually have Glam totes, but don't know how much...so I don't know if they are always available for good prices or if I should move on the deal now.

Thanks for helping this indecisive tpf'er :smile:
oops...think I meant to put in main thread area! Sorry...don't know how to move this?!

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
tpf
The glam totes I've seen @ the outlet have ranged from $75-$150. They're not always there, but I feel like 9 times out of 10 they are (around here at least). And right now they have mff poppy totes that are a bit smaller than the fp glams. Idk how much they are though.
I have 2 glams, one I bought from Macy's & one @ the outlet.
I wouldn't get one just bc it seems like a must have but bc u truly want one.
I have a feeling Glam totes are going to be around forever. So unless it's a pattern u really really want from macys, I'd check the outlet.

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
Thanks for the for the good advice...I just always have to stop myself & ask if I really want it or just excited about the deal :smile: I have other bags on my longggg list & don't "need" a glam right now, but will keep an eye out! Thanks again! I like having people who understand the Coachness;)

happybag

I shop for sport
Jan 3, 2010
I wouldn't get one just bc it seems like a must have but bc u truly want one.
I have a feeling Glam totes are going to be around forever. So unless it's a pattern u really really want from macys, I'd check the outlet.
This!

OP I know how you feel, getting excited about the bargain (oh do I ever, lol). But if it was "love" you'd have bought it already and this would be a reveal thread :biggrin:

I suggest waiting for them to go to the outlet unless they are department store exclusives, and seeing if you still want them then.

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
happybag said:
This!

OP I know how you feel, getting excited about the bargain (oh do I ever, lol). But if it was "love" you'd have bought it already and this would be a reveal thread :biggrin:

I suggest waiting for them to go to the outlet unless they are department store exclusives, and seeing if you still want them then.
You are right! I need to pace this new obsession... I mean hobby! ;) def. can't keep up with the frequent tpf reveals ;) but enjoy seeing them! :smile: thanks for the voice of reason!

Jb32purse

Mar 18, 2012
I'm an impulse buyer totally. With the intent to switch bags out and never happens. So I say buy that one bag that you truly want:smile:

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
Ok- back on the spend Macy's gift card on the new clearance stuff: Emerald Penny, Sunflower Candace, or Graphite Berry Rory? Or save for all the new stuff coming this year? I want 'em all & can't decide! Help :smile:. TIA!

What would you all do out of these choices? :smile:

hthrs

May 23, 2012
Mama20 said:
Ok- back on the spend Macy's gift card on the new clearance stuff: Emerald Penny, Sunflower Candace, or Graphite Berry Rory? Or save for all the new stuff coming this year? I want 'em all & can't decide! Help :smile:. TIA!

Personally, I am loving the Candace right now....

BuckeyeBabe

Jul 7, 2010
Midwest
Mama20 said:

The Emerald Penny is on clearance? Do you know how much or the numbers I need to find one? Thanks!