Books & Music Musicals?

Good to know! I spend a lot of time at the rehearsal studios so I sometimes know what's coming down the pipeline, if I bother to ask. The other day was a Mama Mia tour audition and apparently they are turning Moulin Rouge (the movie) into a musical.

I recently saw Waitress with Sara Biles and Drew Gehling. Though, I'm not a fan of a story that romanticizes infidelity, the cast and singing was excellent.

Waitress is so good! I will definitely catch the traveling production when it comes to my city. I saw the original cast just before the 2016 Tony’s but I think the people they have brought on since may be even better!

Finally got back to NYC - saw Once on this Island and it was fantastic. Also saw the Sponge Bob Musical, school of rock which was a pleasant surprise, and cruel Intensions (off broadway). Not a musical, but Uma Thurman in The Parisian Woman is fantastic

I saw Once on this Island recently as well. Loved it. I had seen the original production, early 90's, and didn't remember it at all.

Reactions: clu13
I caught the traveling production of Waitress a few weeks ago - very well done. It is amazing how close it sounds to the original cast.

Finally got back to NYC to enjoy the sweltering heat. We saw The Band’s Visit and Frozen and enjoyed both. I’m pretty odd in that I have seen Frozen the movie.

Finally got back to NYC to enjoy the sweltering heat. We saw The Band’s Visit and Frozen and enjoyed both. I’m pretty odd in that I have seen Frozen the movie.
I really enjoyed The Band's Visit, but didn't love it enough to think it would sweep the Tonys as it did. In all fairness to it, I'd seen some things recently that I thought were fantastic (Evan Hanson, Come From Away, Falsettos) so the bar was set high.

I really enjoyed The Band's Visit, but didn't love it enough to think it would sweep the Tonys as it did. In all fairness to it, I'd seen some things recently that I thought were fantastic (Evan Hanson, Come From Away, Falsettos) so the bar was set high.

I’m with you. I thought SpongeBob deserved to win best musical, actor and featured actor.

Theater/Musial junkie here! I have seen many good shows recently, but I think my favorite was "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder". I was unfamiliar with the show, but it was part of a season's package I had purchased. It is hysterical and witty. I'm currently stalking tickets for "The Boys in the Band". And, I am seeing "Once On This Island" next month.

Reactions: dorcast and BBC
Theater/Musial junkie here! I have seen many good shows recently, but I think my favorite was "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder". I was unfamiliar with the show, but it was part of a season's package I had purchased. It is hysterical and witty. I'm currently stalking tickets for "The Boys in the Band". And, I am seeing "Once On This Island" next month.

Boys in the band is fantastic! The cast is incredible. Its hard to dos is without giving things away but it’s so moving and so poignant.