Books & Music Musicals?

I have tickets for Billy Elliot tonight!

How did you find it?

I'm from the same place as Billy Elliot (Newcastle) and travelled to london to see the show on the West End and thought it was fantastic, while a lot of my theatre-going friends detest it. While the accents aren't great, I found it incredibly moving. I'm sure at one point they made a joke about South Tyneside and I was the only person in the theatre laughing :lol:

I was just thinking about this today and wondering why there was no thread. I saw "Bring It On" last night and LOVED IT! I'm seeing Book of Mormon in July - can't wait! I saw my first show on Broadway in 1988 as our "trip" for being in the our high school play. I saw "Chess" and it was fantastic. It would be tough to list all the plays I love, but here are my immediate favorites:

Phantom of course
Avenue Q
Memphis
Kiss Me Kate
Rent
Billy Elliot
In the Heights
Sweet Charity
Next to Normal
Wicked
Lion King

the few I did not love:
Les Miz
Swing
Cats (but I saw the week after I saw Phantom in 1992 so it seemed so anti-climactic)
Movin' Out
Chicago

Is anyone else a crazy Rent fan? I'm obsessed :shame:

I went mad on Ebay and bought original movie posters and a playbill from the closing night, in mint condition, which I intend to read and enjoy!

I've never seen Rent properly, but my ex boyfriend was playing Mark in one near me, and I was absolutely blown away by how different the staged version is (I think it was a lot ruder than the ordinary version because it wasn't a professional one :lol:). If the broadway version was done with the movie cast, I think I'd be in heaven.

I went mad on Ebay and bought original movie posters and a playbill from the closing night, in mint condition, which I intend to read and enjoy!

I've never seen Rent properly, but my ex boyfriend was playing Mark in one near me, and I was absolutely blown away by how different the staged version is (I think it was a lot ruder than the ordinary version because it wasn't a professional one :lol:). If the broadway version was done with the movie cast, I think I'd be in heaven.

I love RENT. I enjoyed Broadway much more than the film, but that's how it is with me and shows. The live shows are much more exciting to me.

I watched the musical twice (never seen the movie) and it was good. The first time, I didn't enjoy it as much because I was sitting really close to the stage and the music was just way too loud that my ears were ringing. I liked it so much better the second time.

The last musical I saw was Matilda in London... and I have to say, I didn't love it. It was good but I just couldn't connect. It gets such rave reviews which frankly, I think are a little undeserved.

My favourite musicals have been Wicked and Billy Elliot.

The last musical I saw was Matilda in London... and I have to say, I didn't love it. It was good but I just couldn't connect. It gets such rave reviews which frankly, I think are a little undeserved.

My favourite musicals have been Wicked and Billy Elliot.

I've seen a lot of media about it, and have to admit, it doesn't appeal to me at all. I was tempted to go see it this summer but I think I'll go see Billy Elliot again instead.

I was so fortunate to see it with both Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal! Amazing show!

Oh wow! You're so lucky, I'm extremely jealous :faint:

Bumping this thread!

I'm headed to New York in August and am trying to pick a show. It's between Chicago and Book of Mormon. I've heard Book of Mormon is absoluetly hysterical, but I've been trying to see Chicago forever and have just never gotten there. Anybody have any thoughts?

Bumping this thread!

I'm headed to New York in August and am trying to pick a show. It's between Chicago and Book of Mormon. I've heard Book of Mormon is absoluetly hysterical, but I've been trying to see Chicago forever and have just never gotten there. Anybody have any thoughts?

I would see Book of Mormon, especially on Broadway if I had the chance. Tickets are so hard to get.

I am so excited though...it will be touring in 2013, so I'll get to see it at the Straz Centre in Tampa. Oh...and American Idiot! (I was lucky to see it on Broadway twice) I am so happy! :biggrin:

Bumping this thread!

Saw Chicago in London....it's just like the movie! Haha...it's good. I say go watch book of Mormon and tell me how it is... ;)