Museum of Handbags and Purses

sooz

Sep 13, 2005
My excuses if this has already been posted...but seeing as I live in The Netherlands, and finally went to this museum - I wanted to make a plug for the Handbag Museum (Tassenmuseum) here near Amsterdam. Evidently this is one of only 3 such museums in the world - the other two being in Australia and Japan.

The owners of this museum have collected over 3,000 bags dating back to the 16th century to now. They also have a large selection of very interesting bags by Dutch designers on sale at the museum - which is actually half of the house of the owners.

I am in no way connected with the Museum. But if anyone is planning a trip to Amsterdam and loves handbags - I highly recommend it! My friend Meg (another handbag fan) and I went last week and it was really amazing.

More info at:

http://www.tassenmuseum.nl

I just read your email. I design handbags and will have a handbag party (tupeprware party for beautiful bags) next Wednesday 12 December from 4 to 9 pm in the center of Amsterdam.

Should you be interested to go (may be take a friend), please contact me for the details.

Santillan