Museum of Handbags and Purses

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. My excuses if this has already been posted...but seeing as I live in The Netherlands, and finally went to this museum - I wanted to make a plug for the Handbag Museum (Tassenmuseum) here near Amsterdam. Evidently this is one of only 3 such museums in the world - the other two being in Australia and Japan.

The owners of this museum have collected over 3,000 bags dating back to the 16th century to now. They also have a large selection of very interesting bags by Dutch designers on sale at the museum - which is actually half of the house of the owners.

I am in no way connected with the Museum. But if anyone is planning a trip to Amsterdam and loves handbags - I highly recommend it! My friend Meg (another handbag fan) and I went last week and it was really amazing.

More info at:

http://www.tassenmuseum.nl

2. Tank you for the tip:idea:. I will certainly try to go there next time I visit Amsterdam.

3. Thanks for the tip! And welcome to the forum ;)

4. Too cool!

5. nice thanks and welcome

6. I do wish they would do something like this near where I live. But there are practically no museums in Orange County - just malls and multiplexes.

7. I just read your email. I design handbags and will have a handbag party (tupeprware party for beautiful bags) next Wednesday 12 December from 4 to 9 pm in the center of Amsterdam.

Should you be interested to go (may be take a friend), please contact me for the details.

Santillan

8. OOO just another reason to visit Amsterdam!! :yes:

9. That's pretty neat, I wonder what they sell in the gift shop hehe :p