Museum in paris and workshops

angela.m

H lover
Aug 14, 2010
Hello everyone.
We are planning on being in Paris late jan and early feb next year. I would like to visit the museum and workshop I believe is in the H main store. Can anyone advise if this can be organized and if so, how! Thanks, angela

Hello everyone.
We are planning on being in Paris late jan and early feb next year. I would like to visit the museum and workshop I believe is in the H main store. Can anyone advise if this can be organized and if so, how! Thanks, angela

FSH? There is no such museum at FSH. Its just like any other stores but with fabulous RTW collection and window displays :smile:

It's not a museum in the traditional sense, more of a collection. If you use the search function on here you will find threads about it. Google will also come up with articles about it. I'm sure someone else will advise on whether you can visit and how to go about obtaining an invitation.

Don't forget to check out the H website to see if they will be running any mini events - pop ups, scarf printing workshops etc whilst you are there. You should also speak to your SM, they should be able to help you.

Talk with your SM about getting an invitation. When I was last in Paris they were refurbishing the "museum" and thus it was closed. When open, your SM will give you an invite if you provide specific dates of your visit.

Talk with your SM about getting an invitation. When I was last in Paris they were refurbishing the "museum" and thus it was closed. When open, your SM will give you an invite if you provide specific dates of your visit.

It is by invite only, I'm not sure you can request an invitation from your SM to view

Invites are issued/approved by Hermes Head Office in Paris rather than requested by a client. A GM can only request that a client be considered for an invite but those requests are hardly granted. It all comes down to the fact that the museum is hardly ever open and H Head office is very selective as to who they allow in to view the collection. I heard recently that w/in the coming year going forward, the museum would be only open for H designers and employees. Not sure how true this is.

VickyB said:
Invites are issued/approved by Hermes Head Office in Paris rather than requested by a client. A GM can only request that a client be considered for an invite but those requests are hardly granted. It all comes down to the fact that the museum is hardly ever open and H Head office is very selective as to who they allow in to view the collection. I heard recently that w/in the coming year going forward, the museum would be only open for H designers and employees. Not sure how true this is.

Ditto VickyB. She explained ot very well.

I was told, the museum was not designed for clients to visit, it is not a museum with Hermes products, but items that were collected by the Hermes family. Hence it is not open to the public.

A friend of mine who also wanted to visit the museum, and when she mentioned it to the GM of the area, they said the museum was under renovation so it was temporarily closed. But I was just there in the museum two weeks before she made the request.

This looks fascinating. I have to wonder where the archives of Hermes are stored - presumably they keep one of all the designs, as well as the special items they make for the window display :confused1: