Musette, is this a good bag?

Annie

Feb 9, 2006
Hello everyone, I am thinking of buying the Musette. However, it is quite expensive US$820. Is this bag big enough to put a lot of things?

Can I get some suggections? Thanks a lot.

It depends on what you mean by 'a lot of things'. I bought one for my mum, and she's happy about it. She puts the regular stuff in it, walet, keys, agenda,...
It's quite spacious, but of course not like a speedy. I find it's a bit restricted, in that way, if you put to much 'irregular formed' things in, it shows.
But as a regular hadbag, I would say, go for it!

Are you going to get the damier or the mono?

love my musette. great for those days when you just odn't want the hassel of holding a bag... and still looks so good!

i used it as a diaper bag..... with ziploc bags of course.

I just bought a musette last week and am in LOVE with it. i love the fact that you can sling it across your body and forget about it.

Every other Louis Vuitton that I own is a top handle bag (Sac Plat, Exentri-Cite, Multicolor Speedy). I love them all but they can be quite restricitve when shopping. :amazed: I always end up asking my boyfriend to hold it while I "look" at something.

I was in the mall today with my musette hands free, but still looking very fly with my bag. :biggrin:

I think this is my new favorite. True that you can over stuff it but i have packed a LOT of stuff in it and mine still lays flat.

I think that I am going to start buying shoulder LV bags from now on. VERY liberating. :love:

In short the musette is a GREAT bag and you MUST get it. Get it get it get it.

I have the musette salsa and love it. It is wonderful to have a hands-free bag. It's perfect for travel. Mine is smaller than what you're considering, and I can still fit a compact wallet, cell phone, powder compact, comb, and a few lipsticks. But, as Lia said, you don't want to stuff it too full or it will be shaped oddly. I'm sure there's quite a bit more room in the larger model, though. I say go for it!

Thanks for the reply.

I am thinking of buying Musette or just the Gucci messenger bag. I will not put a lot of things in it, so I think it is fine.

Any comparison for Musette and Gucci messenger bag?

Thanks

I have the Musette Tango as well and love it.
It doesn't hold much though but it'd hold the essentials: wallet, phone, and some makeup. I wish I got the long strap as well.

I think the Musette is a great bag to have for those shopping days.
It's huge though! I've seen them irl. If it was a bit wider I would have used it for school.

I've always entertained the idea of getting that bag as well.

and BTW ^^^ JoJoLVLover, I always fantasize about jumping into the middle of all your bags in your signature and just rolling around!

Hi!! I am 21 and is considering purchasing my first big LV item this summer!!! I also considering the Damnier big musette cause I usually carry many things when I go out, cause I like to be prepared. I have tried on the bag before, and becuase I am 5'2 it looks alittle big on me, but I think I won't reget getting a bag with more space to put things in. It is selling for near $1000 Canadian, therefore I am actually quite nervous about getting it, cause I have saved up for a few months and don't want my money to go to waste. Does anyone else have any thoughts about this bag?? I really appreciate all reading all your comments and discussion.