Musette GM

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    I'm looking for some general info on the discontinued Musette GM - not sure if this is the correct name, even - it's the largest (I believe - about 12 x 14") of the Musette Salsa type satchel bags in Monogram canvas. I've seen differing names online and also mentions of short strap and long strap as well as different dimensions listed, so I'm confused about what was actually available.

I've searched here and can't really find the info I'm looking for. Searching the web in general was fruitless because of the amount of garbage I had to wade through. (How infuriating is it that when you Google an LV product you get little more than screeds of pages selling knock-offs?!)

Basically I want to know how many sizes of this bag were made, what the largest one is actually called (is it still a Salsa or just known as Musette?), how much it originally retailed for and when it was discontinued. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! :biggrin:

Here's a picture of the size I'm referring to:

Attached Files:

2. Hi , there was a musette tango ( east-west) and the salsa (north-south) . I believe there were two different sizes of each and they came in both mono and damier. It was release around the 90's if I'm not mistaken. You can find them at Consigners and on the bay in fairly decent condition. Hope that helps

3. #3 Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    In monogram and damier canvas:

Musette Tango (horizontal bag)
    Musette Salsa (vertical bag)

These two were both produced as short and long strap versions.

What you seem to be referring to is simply called Musette and only came with one strap length, albeit adjustable. Was made in both monogram and damier.

Discontinued relatively recently; within last two years I would guess. Last retail would have been around the 550 GBP mark I think.

HTH.