Muse vs. Cabas Chyc

Prettyvogue

Sep 2, 2011
Which do you prefer and why? I am a ysl newbie and think these are both gorgeous, I would love some opinions.

Aluxe

The Gimme-Queen
Nov 29, 2010
DCA via the DMV via NGA
ooh, that is a tough question. Both bags are lovely and very different. I have to say I prefer the Chyc Cabas to the Muse. The Muse can't go over the shoulder (although maybe the oversize can, though I don't remember - briefly had 2 of them years ago). I tried on the Cabas Chyc this weekend and lots of people stopped to compliment me, but for some reason, it didn't sing to me. Maybe I needed it in a larger size? Or a different color? The size I tried on was about 16" or 18" wide. Still, the bag is one that can be used for work or play given the look of it. It just seems more versatile.

Have you tried them on you? That is always a great way to make a good choice.

Wait around for some other ladies to come through and share their thoughts.

Good luck!

Oh, and you know you can always buy both:graucho: One now, another later....

Prettyvogue

Sep 2, 2011
ooh, that is a tough question. Both bags are lovely and very different. I have to say I prefer the Chyc Cabas to the Muse. The Muse can't go over the shoulder (although maybe the oversize can, though I don't remember - briefly had 2 of them years ago). I tried on the Cabas Chyc this weekend and lots of people stopped to compliment me, but for some reason, it didn't sing to me. Maybe I needed it in a larger size? Or a different color? The size I tried on was about 16" or 18" wide. Still, the bag is one that can be used for work or play given the look of it. It just seems more versatile.

Have you tried them on you? That is always a great way to make a good choice.

Wait around for some other ladies to come through and share their thoughts.

Good luck!

Oh, and you know you can always buy both:graucho: One now, another later....
Thanks so much, this provides a lot of insight! Unfortunately I can't try them on in person so I am relying on the wonderful advice from this forum. Is there a difference in the maintenance of these bags (type of leather etc.?) Oh if only I were to be lucky enough to get both, lol.