Muse or Downtown?!?!

princielli

Mar 26, 2008
Hi girls!!
i love YSL bags...and i really wanna buy one..but i cannot choose..i love the Muse and the Downtown....what to do you think?
i'm quite sure i'm gonna buy a brown bag..but i still don't know which one..!
sooooo tell me your opinion for my very first YSL bag!!:biggrin:

I'm an Hermes fan, who has just wandered over to the YSL board because I fell in love with the RG. I've now studied all the wonderful YSL styles and really like both the Downtown and the Muse. In my uneducated opinion the Downtown looks more like a great daytime, work and travel bag while the Muse looks like a bit dressier day and evening bag (not dressy evening but more of am out to dinner or concert kind of thing whereas the Downtown seems a less good choice for such evening events). I would make the decision basedon lifestyle.

I own both styles, but I use the Downtown more because:
1. It's lighter
2. easier to get in and out of
3. it has an outside pocket for phone, keys, metrocard, etc

I have both, but I've been using my downtown a lot more than the muse.

I would say if you are looking to carry the bag on a frequent basis, get the downtown. It's very versatile.

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. I think you should really go for the muse. it is the most classic ysl bag and while it's not always the most convenient thing, the style will last you forever. It's just such an icon.

another for muse......brown Muse is gorgeous, but for downtown I like other colors - ivory, or rainbow which I have...I love brown bags, I have most of my bags in brown, but would not buy brown downtown ...just my opinion here
:smile: