Murakami @ Brooklyn Musuem, NYC

northern belle where are you. if I have to pass your area, maybe I can pick you up? I am in Rockland county

Nassau County...I appreciate the offer:flowers:, but I know my mom wouldn't be keen on the idea of me wandering off with someone from a forum (I'll be 20 in a few weeks, but I'm still her baby and live at home, so I can't really up and go anywhere major).

I'm hoping to get some of my friends to drive me or accompany me on the trains...they're pretty fearless and are into Japanese stuff, so hopefully I can convince them to help me out:yes: (that is, of course, assuming that I get up the nerve to go there at all!:Push::P)

You use them willingly?

Sweetie, if I didn't take that train every day I wouldn't have the money for my handbags. I work near Times Square and I've worked in Manhattan for nearly my entire career. No company in LI could afford my salary and bonus.

If you decide you want to come in with me, let me know. I've been traveling in and out of the city since I was in high school -- and have never had a problem.

Any news on what bag it's going to be yet? I'm dying to know! :sweatdrop:

northernbelle, it's really not that bad... I'm also 19 and have been taking trains alone since 13/14 and also take the train every day to get to school and work, it's seriously nothing to worry about.

I kinda want to go...how fast did all the MOCA stuff sell out? Do they restock each day or anything?

I really hate city travel.....If I go, I'll likely show up looking horrible and carrying a no-name bag or no bag at all because I think I'd sooner chop my right hand off than carry an LV on those God-awful subways (dirty and crowded and eww!)! I'm a Long Island girl, and I'm not cut out for that filth and craziness:s.

Why must it be in Brooklyn? :yucky:

You use them willingly? You're really brave:tup:. Seriously. I'd be having nervous breakdowns if I had to use them every day. I could never handle it (however, I've only recently found myself able to walk down the street to Walgreens by myself without getting super nervous...so I'm rather lame).

I don't know if this question has been posted or not, but does anyone know what the range of prices of the LV items will be? I go to school in the City so I would definitely be able to go early on in the exhibit...

I'll be there on the first day from NJ.

**Dumb question ahead --> Can you take the subway from Manhattan to Brooklyn? and if so which one? I usually only go to Manhattan so I have no idea how to get anywhere else...lol

Nassau County...I appreciate the offer:flowers:, but I know my mom wouldn't be keen on the idea of me wandering off with someone from a forum (I'll be 20 in a few weeks, but I'm still her baby and live at home, so I can't really up and go anywhere major).

I'm hoping to get some of my friends to drive me or accompany me on the trains...they're pretty fearless and are into Japanese stuff, so hopefully I can convince them to help me out:yes: (that is, of course, assuming that I get up the nerve to go there at all!:Push::P)

And I thought I was OCD....:P

Happy to be proven wrong:smile:

But seriously Belle, I was in New York (Manhattan) about a year ago, and most of the places I went to by walking or subway. Taking a taxi can be costly if you're unsure about the destination. Being a 17 year old male might have something to do with it, But It was very safe for the most part. People there are also very friendly. They are happy to help you out if you get a little turned around.:tup: