Murakami 2005 Re-reveal!

keb7332

I speak kitty
O.G.
May 9, 2006
Back in 2005, I was super excited to buy my first two LV pieces, a Murakami Cerises pochette and cles. After a little more than a decade, though, our family hit a rough patch and I ended up selling the pair. Fast forward another couple of years, and I became obsessed with replacing the set when I could finally afford it earlier this year. In this crazy world, it's the little things here and there that add up to remind us that there are still pleasures in life.

So here goes, a 2005 re-reveal in 2020!

PSX_20200722_183627.jpg
PSX_20200722_183536.jpg
PSX_20200722_183353.jpg
PSX_20200722_183610.jpg

I purchased these the first time together around at Saks Fifth Avenue in Portland, OR a few years before it closed. To track down a pair in similar condition was not so easy; if I were willing to compromise on quality, I might have saved some money but would not have been happy with something beat up, peeled and/or faded. The pochette came from here in the US, and the cles came from Japan, both on ebay. I'll admit that I definitely paid more than retail for the new set, but I'm just glad to add them back to my collection. They were my favorite the first time around, and still are! :heart: Thanks for looking! :flowers:

Wow, very very awesome! Congrats on your cherries! I know how it feels because I just got me a Multicolor Trouville and I'm drooling over it. I sold my MC speedy many years ago for the same reasons but absolutely still love it! Yay!

Reactions: keb7332
Wow, very very awesome! Congrats on your cherries! I know how it feels because I just got me a Multicolor Trouville and I'm drooling over it. I sold my MC speedy many years ago for the same reasons but absolutely still love it! Yay!
Thank you so much! :flowers: The most surprising part was the price difference, from when I first bought it at Saks, to when I sold them, to buying them again this year. I've browsed some of the MC Speedys on the secondhand market, and the prices are astronomical compared to what retail was. :shocked:

Reactions: Viva La Erica
Thank you so much! :flowers: The most surprising part was the price difference, from when I first bought it at Saks, to when I sold them, to buying them again this year. I've browsed some of the MC Speedys on the secondhand market, and the prices are astronomical compared to what retail was. :shocked:

Yes i agree! To be honest I have a hobby of searching multicolor items all the time and now that Kylie Jenner has been wearing hers again, prices have totally went up on secondhand market.

Back in 2005, I was super excited to buy my first two LV pieces, a Murakami Cerises pochette and cles. After a little more than a decade, though, our family hit a rough patch and I ended up selling the pair. Fast forward another couple of years, and I became obsessed with replacing the set when I could finally afford it earlier this year. In this crazy world, it's the little things here and there that add up to remind us that there are still pleasures in life.

So here goes, a 2005 re-reveal in 2020!

View attachment 4796861
View attachment 4796863
View attachment 4796862
View attachment 4796864

I purchased these the first time together around at Saks Fifth Avenue in Portland, OR a few years before it closed. To track down a pair in similar condition was not so easy; if I were willing to compromise on quality, I might have saved some money but would not have been happy with something beat up, peeled and/or faded. The pochette came from here in the US, and the cles came from Japan, both on ebay. I'll admit that I definitely paid more than retail for the new set, but I'm just glad to add them back to my collection. They were my favorite the first time around, and still are! :heart: Thanks for looking! :flowers:

I have the cherry cles, and I've used it nonstop until NOW. It's one of my ALL TIME favorite pieces. It brings back so many beautiful memories. Enjoy yours! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I have the cherry cles, and I've used it nonstop until NOW. It's one of my ALL TIME favorite pieces. It brings back so many beautiful memories. Enjoy yours! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Thank you so much! I'm so glad I was able to buy them back when I could, because I used them all last summer and plan on doing the same this year. :heart:

Such a happy story! I lived in PDX in the 90s and I am sorry to hear that Saks closed. Wear them in the best of health!
Thank you for your kind words! :flowers: The retail scene in PDX and Salem has unfortunately gone downhill, even before the pandemic.