Multy Mania!!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    I thought I'd start a separate thread about the new Multy hobo that YSL has released for fall, because they are not so easy to track down and are becoming very popular, from what I'm hearing, since YSL doesn't do many shoulder bags. So if you have any info, store sightings, or pics, please post here!

• Compared to the Roady hobo, the Multy hobo is somewhat more structured and it has a zip top.
    • It comes in three sizes: small = 9H x 7.5W x 3D; medium = 12H x 11W x 5.5D; large = 14H x 12W x 6.5D. The large Multy was described to me as similar to the large Roady in size.
    • A medium Multy in patent leather is $1350 and a large in regular leather is $1595.
    • I have seen pics of the Multy in black regular leather, black patent, black snake; plus violet, bright blue, and tan/cognac regular leather. I have also seen an expensive brown one trimmed in croc. I believe there are some metallics as well.
    • Apparently the major U.S. department stores did not order many of these. YSL New York has some. You can call and do a phone order there or another YSL boutique.

source: YSL fall advertising campaign
    [​IMG]

source: bagsnob.com
    [​IMG]

source: luisaviaroma.com
    [​IMG]

source: bagsnob.com
    [​IMG]

source: Saks.com
    [​IMG]

source: http://critiques.she.com/fashion/tags-products.php?tag_id=50&tag=yvessaintlaurent
    [​IMG]

source: luisaviaroma.com
    [​IMG]

source: raffaello-network.com
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Thanks for posting (I think.....LOL), gorgeous bag!! The blue shows well.

3. Now.................... I will fess up and say that I have a medium black patent Multy on its way to me. :ninja::ninja::nuts::nuts::nuts:

I'm not usually into hobos very much, but I think it would be good to have one or two in my collection for hands-free days. Plus the black patent will be awesome for bad weather in the fall/winter. I haven't seen one of these bags IRL yet so I'm eager to check it out.

4. the black leather and the purple one are sooo pretty!!!

5. I'm surprised how big it looks on Kylie. Was going back and forth between the medium and large sizes based on the measurements. Now that I see the pics of hers, I'm glad I ordered the medium.

6. I LOVE the one Kylie has! I also love the black python but I haven't seen a price for it? Do you ladies know?

7. ^No sorry, have not seen a price on the python yet, but I'm guessing in the $3,000 range?

8. I'm curious about your response once it arrives. It's got a bit of Marc Jacobs multii pocket in it but more refined. I think it's going to be one of those bags that you have to try on. My simple line self is struggling a bit with the different pockets.

9. ^Lol I see the resemblance to the MJ multipocket, which I used to own years ago. When I first saw the pics of the Multy I was unsure but it has grown on me. I *need* a hobo in my collection and the Roady has never been for me--too long and plain and shapeless for my taste personally. So what draws me to the Multy is I think the zipper, pockets, other details give it a bit more shape than the Roady. (And the medium size is significantly smaller.) Plus the black patent really takes it up a notch. LOVE YSL's black patent! I recently sold two YSL black patent bags and wanted to add one back into my collection because they are so chic and so fantastic in wet weather.

10. Love the black snake print one! It'll make a great winter bag for sure. :love:

11. Quick update: I received my medium black patent Multy today but I immediately shipped it back because the leather had a nick in it; a little flap was actually sticking up. :pout: I love the style and I will post more about it (plus pics of course) when I receive the replacement next week.

12. That sucks! I can't wait to see! I love YSL patents as well- I have a YSL croc embossed patent Tribute tote and it's my fave! I am dying to get a Multy I don't think I've been so excited about a YSL bag since my Trib tote!

13. ^Yeah, it was definitely sucky waiting around all day for UPS and then having to repack the bag and get it shipped off again. Plus it was 98 degrees here yesterday. :yucky:

I really liked the Multy though! :love:

14. Aww, bummer! Hope they can expedite the replacement to you.

I saw the large purple one at NM and Saks last week when I was in SF. It is gorgeous!!!! But it was really big on me and they didn't have the medium in stock. Can't wait to see yours.