Multiple pairs of diamond studs?!

BellestChele

Nov 24, 2009
Hello there! First off I wanna say Hi! I'm new to this part of the forum and I've been lurking for a little while. I've learned so much for you all!

Recently, my parents gave me some diamond studs for my birthday. They are .62 ttw, martini setting. I love love love them. I've been wearing them every day and I just can't imagine not wearing them.

Lately though I've been really liking the benzel setting. At first I didn't think that I liked it because I thought that the stones wouldn't sparkle as much because of the setting around the diamond. But I've been looking at pictures on here and other sites and it's definitely love. Now I'm thinking of buying a pair with that setting. I think that I'll probably end up with around the same size mostly because I like the size of mine and that's where my budget is.

If I would get them, I plan on switching off which studs I wear. Maybe every other day or something like that. But I'm just wondering...is that crazy?! Probably no one but me will notice that they are different! lol. I'm was just curious if other people had multiple pairs but in different settings? Do you wear both? Or do you only buy a new pair to upgrade from the others?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

BellestChele said:
Hello there! First off I wanna say Hi! I'm new to this part of the forum and I've been lurking for a little while. I've learned so much for you all!

Recently, my parents gave me some diamond studs for my birthday. They are .62 ttw, martini setting. I love love love them. I've been wearing them every day and I just can't imagine not wearing them.

Lately though I've been really liking the benzel setting. At first I didn't think that I liked it because I thought that the stones wouldn't sparkle as much because of the setting around the diamond. But I've been looking at pictures on here and other sites and it's definitely love. Now I'm thinking of buying a pair with that setting. I think that I'll probably end up with around the same size mostly because I like the size of mine and that's where my budget is.

If I would get them, I plan on switching off which studs I wear. Maybe every other day or something like that. But I'm just wondering...is that crazy?! Probably no one but me will notice that they are different! lol. I'm was just curious if other people had multiple pairs but in different settings? Do you wear both? Or do you only buy a new pair to upgrade from the others?

Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

I don't think it's crazy! I only have the thick bezel studs right now but have been eyeing the martini setting so that's on my list to purchase.

Do you wear different color metals? If you're worried about it looking too similar you could choose another color metal maybe?

jtc103 said:
I don't think it's crazy! I only have the thick bezel studs right now but have been eyeing the martini setting so that's on my list to purchase.

Do you wear different color metals? If you're worried about it looking too similar you could choose another color metal maybe?

Thanks for the reply! I thought about the different metals but I really only wear white gold. If I got a different color metal, I would be afraid that I might not wear them as much. All my other jewelry is WG.

Def ok to have both. The only thing i would think about is size. We had a whole discussion in one of the area's on "diamond shrinkage". It sounds like yours are very new, my only advise would be to wait a little while, maybe grow the budget, and then decide if you truly want the same size. It might be nice to have two different sizes. That might give you more wearing options. Either way they are two different styles so two is def fine.

Jujuma said:
Def ok to have both. The only thing i would think about is size. We had a whole discussion in one of the area's on "diamond shrinkage". It sounds like yours are very new, my only advise would be to wait a little while, maybe grow the budget, and then decide if you truly want the same size. It might be nice to have two different sizes. That might give you more wearing options. Either way they are two different styles so two is def fine.

Thank you for the advice! One of the things I'm debating is the size issue. I can't really afford to go a whole lot bigger right now and I kind of agree with what you say. I'm also kind of afraid to go too much bigger for a few reasons: I don't want to not use my martini studs. They were a gift and I love them. Also, I really like this size on me for everyday wear. Not that I'm opposed to bigger. lol

So the larger ones can be for dress up. I've found that sometimes it's better to wait and save. You do have a pair for everyday right now. Whatever you decide the bezel will add some size on your ear, so even if you go just a little bigger it may look a lot bigger depending on the fire of the diamond.

Great birthday present from your parents.

I have a pair of 0.40 tcw, 4 prong white gold setting and a 1 tcw, also 4 prong platinum setting. I wear both, more 1ctw to work and the other pair when I want to go really casual. Oh also two other pairs of which is set slightly different, 3 stones on each and 4 stones each, both yellow gold.

If you are getting a bezel setting, that would be very different...to answer your question, it's not crazy. :biggrin:

Thanks for all the input! I'm leaning toward waiting until I can get a little bit bigger, just for the sake of having something different. I don't want to go much bigger, maybe in the .75 ttw range. I like the look of the smaller earrings on me.

I do think that the martini setting and the bezel setting will be different enough for me to justify having both though. :smile: