Multi-million-dollar counterfeit ring run by Hermes STAFF!

These were fakes sold on other websites, not Hermes.com, right?

in any case, if H staff were involved, they were probably very good fakes indeed.

Glad they were caught, and stopped.

These were fakes sold on other websites, not Hermes.com, right?

in any case, if H staff were involved, they were probably very good fakes indeed.

Glad they were caught, and stopped.

The ring that has distribution outlets in Europe, the U.S. and Asia, is thought to be able to generate $22million through one branch alone.
No, they apparently sell in their own stores.

This is what has me freaking out. I have purchased so many bags through my SA's phone calls alone, and they were shipped to me. My SA left H a few years ago to have her baby. Lost touch with her, as I think she's now moved. I am not thinking of the last bags I purchased and wondering ... am too scared now to bring them in :sad:

This is what has me freaking out. I have purchased so many bags through my SA's phone calls alone, and they were shipped to me. My SA left H a few years ago to have her baby. Lost touch with her, as I think she's now moved. I am not thinking of the last bags I purchased and wondering ... am too scared now to bring them in :sad:

I'm scared as well. The more I read, the more discouraged I am about buying Hermes bags from resellers. Just too much risk to my appetite.
I'll try to buy H bags during European trips then.

Last edited:
Chestnutty said:

I'm confused. I didn't see in the story a piece where these fake bags were sold in Hermes stores. Is that what you meant? If so, can you please share the article? I'd like to read it, I've been looking for more info on all of this and am interested in reading all sides. Like others, I am concerned about my bag - seeing as it just came from the Paris store less than 3 wks ago :sad:

I'm confused. I didn't see in the story a piece where these fake bags were sold in Hermes stores. Is that what you meant? If so, can you please share the article? I'd like to read it, I've been looking for more info on all of this and am interested in reading all sides. Like others, I am concerned about my bag - seeing as it just came from the Paris store less than 3 wks ago :sad:
No, that's not what I meant. What I meant is to clarify to the person that I quoted that they did not sell the bag via hermes.com or the H boutiques. This counterfeit ring may have their own distribution channel as a "reseller" or something similar.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just don't think people should freak out thinking that now even bags sold in H boutique or online can be faked. I don't think that's the case.

Chestnutty said:
No, that's not what I meant. What I meant is to clarify to the person that I quoted that they did not sell the bag via hermes.com or the H boutiques. This counterfeit ring may have their own distribution channel as a "reseller" or something similar.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just don't think people should freak out thinking that now even bags sold in H boutique or online can be faked. I don't think that's the case.

Thanks for clarifying :smile: when I see things like this article, I work myself right up into a panic :smile:

I think the fakes are not sold at the H stores but probably the staff involved could be craftsmen. They could steal the leather pieces and hardware and make their bags in the secret workshops. It could look identical since it has all the genuine parts, including the craftsmanship. What is fake is that it is not 'officially' ship under the Hermes bags so it is considered counterfeit. I'm sure that each craftsman has extra hardware because mistakes do happen from time to time and they can sneak out the hardware pretty easy in their pockets. Maybe not the leather since it is bulky but they can always buy ostrich and calf leather in the wholesale market.

Disappointing but not really surprising when you look at the $$$ involved. It goes with the story of staff in European H stores offering bags to clients for a little extra cash to them on the side.

The reseller/second hand route is looking more unattractive to me.
Think I'll stick to GP bags from the store.
Birkins are attracting some negative views, at a function the other night a women was asked if her bag was a birkin, her response "No way, I'm not that silly" I laughed on the inside. Still love my B.