Mulberry Willow -- Oh the Ecstasy!

beth001

Purse Slut
O.G.
Dec 14, 2006
I don't know that I have ever seen a Mulberry bag in my entire life... I own a nice collection of LV's, and in the Buffalo, NY area, that seems to be the high-end brand of choice, but my online perusing over the holiday break led me the Mulberry threads here on tpf and then on to m.com.

Fast forward... this arrived from the UK yesterday and OMG, it is BEAUTIFUL! I have no pics for you yet, but let me just say that the nuance of the color, the luxurious leather, the intoxicating smell, the meticulous craftsmenship... :girlsigh: It was a BIG DEAL to spend so much $$ (even at a great sale price) without ever having seen or held Mulberry before, but I am ecstatic.

Unfortunately, being that it is winter here, I am not about to let her out of her sleepsack and designer carton (stored safely under my bed) until I am no longer afraid of snow/rain/slush, but I know that when I decide to bring her out into the sunshine it will be a magnificent day!:sunshine:

Reactions: Mayfly285
I don't know that I have ever seen a Mulberry bag in my entire life... I own a nice collection of LV's, and in the Buffalo, NY area, that seems to be the high-end brand of choice, but my online perusing over the holiday break led me the Mulberry threads here on tpf and then on to m.com.

Fast forward... this arrived from the UK yesterday and OMG, it is BEAUTIFUL! I have no pics for you yet, but let me just say that the nuance of the color, the luxurious leather, the intoxicating smell, the meticulous craftsmenship... :girlsigh: It was a BIG DEAL to spend so much $$ (even at a great sale price) without ever having seen or held Mulberry before, but I am ecstatic.

Unfortunately, being that it is winter here, I am not about to let her out of her sleepsack and designer carton (stored safely under my bed) until I am no longer afraid of snow/rain/slush, but I know that when I decide to bring her out into the sunshine it will be a magnificent day!:sunshine:
Congrats and welcome to the M Club:smile:

Depending on the color, make sure you treat it with some water-stop gel or spray even in Summer, we never know.. As Mulberry's leather can be delicate, although beautiful as you said.

Hehehe--I hadn't seen mulb bag irl, before ordering mine.
Just phoned store & had it post few things.
Because saw tricolor primrose online. And became insane. ;)

Welcome. :smile:
Glad you treated yourself to a mulb. Congrats & enjoy.

Congratulations, I can sense your excitement, it's wonderful :smile: enjoy the anticipation of the day she is allowed out! Please share a pic with us when you unveil her.

Out of all the bags I have ever bought, my small Willow is the one I fell in love with the very second I saw It! I just knew I had to have it, it was a case of when not if!

I wanted to wait for the post-Christmas sale to see if any would be included and the one colour I love the most was there just crying to be bought! Taupe silky classic calf with silver tone �� I even had to have it as my avatar picture I love it so much.

The only problem I have now is that I'm loving the oxblood version more and more. It might have to come next! I'm glad to hear everyone here is loving theirs too

Out of all the bags I have ever bought, my small Willow is the one I fell in love with the very second I saw It! I just knew I had to have it, it was a case of when not if!

I wanted to wait for the post-Christmas sale to see if any would be included and the one colour I love the most was there just crying to be bought! Taupe silky classic calf with silver tone �� I even had to have it as my avatar picture I love it so much.

The only problem I have now is that I'm loving the oxblood version more and more. It might have to come next! I'm glad to hear everyone here is loving theirs too

Is the Willow comfortable to carry? Have you used the shoulder strap? I'm looking at getting a willow next to add my mulberry family bit concerned about carrying it on the crook of my arm all the time X

Is the Willow comfortable to carry? Have you used the shoulder strap? I'm looking at getting a willow next to add my mulberry family bit concerned about carrying it on the crook of my arm all the time X

I find it very comfy to carry. I prefer it visually to carry in the crook of my arm, it just looks a lot nicer but I mainly liked the smaller Willow as I could carry it cross body on the long strap safely and to free up my arms when shopping. Something you can't do on the regular Willow. At the moment I carry it about 50/50 each way.

The strap is a thinner strap, it's not thick, wide and heavy duty like on an Antony say, but it is leather and doesn't feel flimsy at all, and with the spring clip it's v easy to remove and it doesn't get caught as it twists 360 degrees. The bag is only so big so it's unlikely you could fill with items to make it heavy enough to struggle.

I've only had the bag a few weeks however, so if anyone has a differing opinion because they've had it longer, I'd welcome another voice on the matter.

I find it very comfy to carry. I prefer it visually to carry in the crook of my arm, it just looks a lot nicer but I mainly liked the smaller Willow as I could carry it cross body on the long strap safely and to free up my arms when shopping. Something you can't do on the regular Willow. At the moment I carry it about 50/50 each way.

The strap is a thinner strap, it's not thick, wide and heavy duty like on an Antony say, but it is leather and doesn't feel flimsy at all, and with the spring clip it's v easy to remove and it doesn't get caught as it twists 360 degrees. The bag is only so big so it's unlikely you could fill with items to make it heavy enough to struggle.

I've only had the bag a few weeks however, so if anyone has a differing opinion because they've had it longer, I'd welcome another voice on the matter.

Thank you, I like the sound of being able to wear it cross body, more room to carry more shopping ! 😉