Mulberry + waxed cotton jacket

That would be fab SJ- bet they smell great on the fire too!

Hula- the jacket in the pic is the boden one. What happened was that saturday morning a barbour brochure dropped through the letterbox. DH saw me drooling over some of the coats in there and said if i was only going to use the boden one for a little while but then still want a barbour it was false economy. So size 12 and size 14 Boden coats are now packed up ready to be sent back having only ever been modelled in the house and i went and bought a rose utility barbour from JL saturday morning. a definate keeper- already been out on a dog walk!

^^^ ooh just been to check that out on Jl website - its nice! Bet you are very pleased with it.

I need a hood on my winter coat to be - its a nightmare to find one!

Lots of Barbour buying going on here ;)
Just bought a sage Bedale on Friday to complement my collection which includes a black Bedale and the aforementioned Rose Utility jacket in olive.
I LOVE Barbour!!!

So, what's your take on the wax staining things?
I wore the sage Bedale the other day with a Pliage tote and the back looks quite stained now (being fabric I don't care as I can wash it).
I think it will be a while until I feel comfortable using it with leather bags.

Hula, isn't it just. I hate buying coats with a passion, I can never find what I want.

I'm looking for a knee length swingy shaped coat in black or grey, single breasted with a small or no collar. What's the betting there's nothing like that around this year?!

Lots of Barbour buying going on here ;)
Just bought a sage Bedale on Friday to complement my collection which includes a black Bedale and the aforementioned Rose Utility jacket in olive.
I LOVE Barbour!!!

So, what's your take on the wax staining things?
I wore the sage Bedale the other day with a Pliage tote and the back looks quite stained now (being fabric I don't care as I can wash it).
I think it will be a while until I feel comfortable using it with leather bags.

I was planning on trying my pliage tote with the wax cotton jacket also, then either choc antony- under the jacket or ivy bays in hand! Wouldn't dare use an oak bag with it!!!

Hula, isn't it just. I hate buying coats with a passion, I can never find what I want.

I'm looking for a knee length swingy shaped coat in black or grey, single breasted with a small or no collar. What's the betting there's nothing like that around this year?!

I shall keep my eyes peeled for you!!!

Hula- how about a duffle coat with hood???

^^^ I want something quite casual, as thats what I wear most of the time. Has to be lined as well, for cold winter mornings. I ordered a parka from Oasis but didnt like it. Ive also ordered one from White Stuff but its not come into stock yet.

^^^ I want something quite casual, as thats what I wear most of the time. Has to be lined as well, for cold winter mornings. I ordered a parka from Oasis but didnt like it. Ive also ordered one from White Stuff but its not come into stock yet.

I got a denim skirt from White Stuff yesterday, they had some lovely pieces.

^^^ Thanks, I'll check it out Jo. SJ yes, white stuff have some good stuff at the moment - Ive ordered a coat and a top but theyre not out yet - I hate waiting for things!

^^Me neither. That's the only downside to a/w, the annual hunt for the perfect coat. I usually end up just wearing thick jumpers & lots of scarves & dashing from the car to the office or house!

^^^ I know what you mean, last year I never found my perfect casual thick winter coat, and ended up wearing a really thin jacket with about 10 layers underneath!

^^^good idea! unfortunately my brochure is now in the bin as spilt a cup of coffee all over it!!! I love some of the white stuff, stuff too but have never bought anything yet!