Mulberry Wanna be needs help

Grace123

Hopelessly Obsessed
O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Hello! I have recently become quite intrigued with the Mulberry Bayswater bag. Unfortunately, I live in the rural Midwest, USA, and there are NONE to be found. My only options are ebay and/or ordering from Bloomingdales online.

Do I have any other options as to where to get one?

Would some of you owners please tell me about the bag? What's the leather like? Is it durable? Tell me all!

Thanks much!

I've had mine for just over 2 months (since my birthday, june 15) and I must say I love it! I have quite a few designer bags, including Prada, Fendi and McQueen, but the bays has a special place in my heart. It's just one of those bags that doesn't scream 'attention/status seeker'.Mine is chocolate, which means dirt and watermarks don't show. It got very slouchy since I got it, but that may be because I've used it pretty much every day (and I really love the slouchy look). It's a true workhorse and I think it'll hold up for a very long time - you really don't have to worry about someone bumping into you on the train or anything, since scratches really don't show. Mind you, I'm talking about the chocolate. A colleague of mine has a black soft grain bays and said the same thing about sturdiness et all, but I'm sure you'll have to be more carefull with oak and other lighter colours. So, all in all, it's great, go get one!

Oh and I have to add, the darwin/natural leather bayswater can be pretty heavy. If you want a lighter bays, you'd better go for goatskin or soft grain - it's still heavier than, say, Bottega or Fendi, but just a bit lighter than darwin leather.

^yes they do have sales, there's still a lot left in the Amsterdam store, but hardly every any bayswaters - and if they do have bays on sale, it's usually only the seasonal colours (there was a patent white bays on sale in Amsterdam, for instance; got sold right away). You can check on the website where your nearest Mulberry is (probably miles away for you:tdown:) You could always order the one on bloomies' website and return it if you don't like it. They are cheaper in the US than in Europe at the moment due to the dollar/euro exchange rate (though the dollar is rising...)

They have sales at the US stores and you don't have to pay the custom fees. Call around and ask about their stock and see what sA you like. They will notify you of any upcoming sales. I had great luck with the Atlantic City store and no sales tax!!!

I think you should call one of the stores and have them send you pics and then ask if they are going to have any special promotions for labor day-- they did little ones for July 4th and around mother's day. It never hurts to ask. I like Jelena at Atlantic City. The numbers are on the website

Thanks for the help, everyone. You've been great! :tup:

I'm going to make note of Atlantic City and Jelena and see what comes of it. I saw pictures of a croc Bayswater that nearly slayed me, it's so gorgeous. I suppose I'll not get that lucky to find such a beauty on sale, but it's worth the hunt.

:yes:

Bought a 2005 black Darwin one and it arrived today. Utterly fantastic bag - much finer than I had expected. I recommend the black if the 2008 bags are as nice.