Mulberry Shopping in Korea

SK007

Jul 31, 2014
Hey, everyone~ So, I've been living in Korea for almost 2 years now, but I've never bothered shopping for Mulberry here in Korea. I live in Seoul specifically, and Mulberry is everywhere here! In fact, a quick look at the Store Locator on m.com shows that Korea has the most number of stores after the UK. Also, being in a private women's university, I see Mulberry bags on the daily.

So far, I've bought my Mulberry bags in the US, and I get to switch out/see them only when I go home for the holidays. But I've been super curious about shopping for Mulberry here! Has anyone had any experience? It looks like they've got three outlets in Korea, and although the other 2 are bus/train rides away, I can at least check out the one in Song-do since it's still reachable by metro.

Any thoughts? Would shopping here be more expensive than in the US for example?

Hi SK007, I cannot help with your query but wanted to say hello! I'm very impressed by th amount of mulberry in Korea! I would def take a trip to the outlet and see what they have. Is there anything in particular you are after?

Hi SK007, I cannot help with your query but wanted to say hello! I'm very impressed by th amount of mulberry in Korea! I would def take a trip to the outlet and see what they have. Is there anything in particular you are after?
Not really. I just got myself a mini lily and a coin pouch earlier this month, but I was thinking it might be a nice "souvenir" later since I will move back to the US later this year. But from experience in the US, Mulberry's usually pricier compared to the UK, so I don't know about Korea. But actually, a lot of luxury brands here in Korea are available duty free at certain department stores for locals and foreigners, so it's great! I've just never compared the prices for Mulberry specifically.

When I went to Seoul in 2009 the prices were significantly higher than in Europe, up to 200 pounds more for a regular Bayswater. The supply was also very high back then with many, many stores to choose from.
My knowledge is quite old and perhaps outdated, but if it still holds true then strictly from a price perspective it doesn't make sense unless you can get a nice deal in an outlet - or if you want a nice memory :smile:

Generally, most designer brands (not just purses) are ~$200 more expensive in Korea. I don't know why, but clothes from American and European brands like Vince and Sandro are at least $100 more expensive than here in U.S.