Mulberry Roxanne with no brass tag?

The Roxy bag (what it was called at first) was exclusive to a few shops in the US from mid-2004. I know because BG had the green, which was only available in the US at first and I was disappointed because I wanted it.
This information is courtesy of Vogue (circa 2004).

IMO that is a very fake bag though. :yucky:

Hello

I've got a genuine Mulberry Roxanne, which I purchased from Harvey Nichols in Leeds. I bought the bag about 2 years ago and at that time, the bags came with no tag. They were originally called 'Roxy' bags and Mulberry re-introduced the tag in 2005 due to demand for some form of ID. It's a real shame, though, that crooks are able to reproduce these so easily and even a tag with a number is no guarantee of authenticity. Always be careful with buying bags on Ebay.
Here! Here! - know this is now an ancient thread - but always ask the right questions when thinking of buying Preowned - good start is when and where purchased - and yes, the absence of a brass tag (serialed or not) can actually be a good thing as: a) it's more likely to be an older Roxy and b) it is also more likely to be authentic! The counterfeiters LOVE to embellish as much as they can, so will usually go all out to add as much as poss. ie tag, serial no. Also, the older bags are likely to be the heavier high quality Darwin leather (all genuine Darwins have the rectangular embossed Mulberry logo - (as opposed to the oval of the recent lighter-weight NVT's) - and all are self suede lined, with suede "ears", and right to left inner brass zip...:smile:....