Mulberry Roxanne owners, please help

bunny

Handbags R Us
Feb 2, 2006
Hello Im new and I love handbags. Ive just seen the Mulberry Roxanne and Im in love. I think that the baby pink one is adorable and that is one that I have my eye on.

My question is to any Roxanne owners, how convenient is this bag to take around with you. Can you wear it on your shoulder or is it very heavy and bulky. Every day I carry a large gym bag with me plus a small shoulder bag and I wondered that if i decided to purchase a Roxanne, how easy would it be to take around with me. Ive never spent so much money on a bag before, so I dont want to buy something and find its difficult to use, but on the other hand, I absolutely love the way it looks.

I would love all your reviews on the Roxanne.

Thank you :nuts:

Hello,

I think it depends on the type of leather you get that will determine weight. I tried on 3 different colors on my local Nordstroms. The brown was the softest and lightest, in my opinion. I ended up with the black, which is quite heavy.

I'm actually taking mine back. I'm not in LOVE with it, as I am my other purses.

Its a substantial bag but its great. All the pockets are really useful and the bag is very well balanced. Its easy to carry. Its my go-to bag when I'm traveling with my kids. I know it will stay where I need it to stay, it will hold tons of stuff and I can put it on the floor without worrying about the leather. A great bag!

Issmom said:
Its a substantial bag but its great. All the pockets are really useful and the bag is very well balanced. Its easy to carry. Its my go-to bag when I'm traveling with my kids. I know it will stay where I need it to stay, it will hold tons of stuff and I can put it on the floor without worrying about the leather. A great bag!

Issmom, what color do you have?

addicted said:
Hello,

I think it depends on the type of leather you get that will determine weight. I tried on 3 different colors on my local Nordstroms. The brown was the softest and lightest, in my opinion. I ended up with the black, which is quite heavy.

I'm actually taking mine back. I'm not in LOVE with it, as I am my other purses.

I have a dark brown Phoebe, and an Oak Roxanne, both Darwin leather. I think the weight and stiffness are about equal...but due to the Roxanne being bigger, it squishes down a bit more than the Phoebe.

Just my observation. :biggrin:

I have the Roxanne in red and it's my favorite bag right now. I can carry it on my shoulder easily and it holds so much stuff. It's one of the few bags that looks good on the shoulder, arm or carried by hand. When I'm shopping I tend to leave it open in the tote style so I don't have to fuss with the straps. Can't say enough about this bag...it's devine!

I have the roxanne in the apple green (darwin) and the coconut weave (rio). The green is def. heavier than the coconut, but not by too much.

I've been carrying the green all week, and I have to say, I really like it. It's substantial, to say the least, but like Issmom said, it's very balanced.

Hehehe, I just noticed today, I still had the paper in the little pockets. Took that out!

All said, I really like this bag. It's not for a marathon day of shopping, but for everyday, it's very comfy. If I had several other bags to carry with it, it might be cumbersome.