Mulberry repair .... Would you be unhappy?

Ukpandagirl

Jul 16, 2013
I recently sent my beloved Mabel away for new handles as she's my work horse and i love her to bits. Would you be unhappy with what came back? I've sent it back as I think it's not good enough - look at the studs on the left hand side of the picture. They seem really close and are very noticeable. It wasn't a cheap repair either! Am I being too fussy?

f2db7ead77c9097f10c5f33d276930f2_zpsc0d2e3a5.jpg

I recently sent my beloved Mabel away for new handles as she's my work horse and i love her to bits. Would you be unhappy with what came back? I've sent it back as I think it's not good enough - look at the studs on the left hand side of the picture. They seem really close and are very noticeable. It wasn't a cheap repair either! Am I being too fussy?

f2db7ead77c9097f10c5f33d276930f2_zpsc0d2e3a5.jpg
I would return too .There is no need for them to be that close together .very poor workmanship :sad:

... another "wouldn't be happy with the job" here .. though I could be reasonable about a very slight difference in the spacing, what you got back was not even an attempt to get them the same on both sides - I'm struggling to accept that the person who worked on the item could possibly be content with what they did ?! x

... another "wouldn't be happy with the job" here .. though I could be reasonable about a very slight difference in the spacing, what you got back was not even an attempt to get them the same on both sides - I'm struggling to accept that the person who worked on the item could possibly be content with what they did ?! x

Thanks for your reply Holleigh. The big thing that got me was in their initial email to me I got told how it could take 8-10 weeks due to them only using artisan craftsman . My DH was not impressed as he said the same as you really... It looked like it hadn't been checked and maybe the craftsman had a hangover when finishing my bag. All in all, it's dented my faith in the brand actually caring for the loyal customers...

I think I would be tempted to share the link to this thread with Mulberry when you next contact them - it may open their eyes to the fact that it's not just yourself who is unhappy with this ? xx's

I'm impressed that they could do new handles for you - being a discontinued style - but I agree with you/the others - very shoddy & definitely not 'craftsmanlike' - more trainee/apprentice-like to me!!

I'm impressed that they could do new handles for you - being a discontinued style - but I agree with you/the others - very shoddy & definitely not 'craftsmanlike' - more trainee/apprentice-like to me!!

I've had older bags repaired before. It's not usually a problem, in this case just some chocolate leather and the studs are needed. They usually even have stock of most of the old colours.

I would send it back too, definitely not good enough, clearly not the same distance apart as the ones on the right.

I'm horrified it pasted their quality control, not good. I am sure they will put it right with loads of apologies. I hope they collected it and didn't expect you to pay for the return.

They did collect it but it took 4 phone calls by me to get them on the case. I've spoken to five different people about it now and been told I will be contacted when they have investigated what went wrong. I'm sure my 10 yr old could tell them what went wrong but at least they are trying to fix it!

Newly mended Mabel is on her way back to me so will post photos of rectified work when she's back. Can confirm that Mulberry have been very nice, apologised and refunded my money for the repairs and are sending me a gift voucher by way of further apology and hassle with getting my bag sorted out. I'm happy to say it appears they do care about their customers after all.