Mulberry Repair or exchange?

Amachelle

May 9, 2014
Hi all,

I'm new here and just got my first Mulberry 2 weeks ago, a foggy grey Alexa. Was so pleased with her, but yesterday on our 2nd outing I noticed when I was packing her away that the screws in the turnlock plate are scuffing around the turnlock.

Spoken to Mulberry repairs who were very helpful and said I can send it back and have the postmans lock replaced free of charge. Excellent.

My only worry is will this happen again? I've paid a lot for this bag and expected high quality. In your opinions should I send it off and hope for the best or should I get a credit note and choose something less fussy like maybe a Bayswater? Are these more hard wearing?

I am rather disappointed as I wanted to use this bag quite often and show it off but feel I have to be very careful as to not damage it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I'm new here and just got my first Mulberry 2 weeks ago, a foggy grey Alexa. Was so pleased with her, but yesterday on our 2nd outing I noticed when I was packing her away that the screws in the turnlock plate are scuffing around the turnlock.

Spoken to Mulberry repairs who were very helpful and said I can send it back and have the postmans lock replaced free of charge. Excellent.

My only worry is will this happen again? I've paid a lot for this bag and expected high quality. In your opinions should I send it off and hope for the best or should I get a credit note and choose something less fussy like maybe a Bayswater? Are these more hard wearing?

I am rather disappointed as I wanted to use this bag quite often and show it off but feel I have to be very careful as to not damage it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks!!

Hello
Sorry to hear that do you have a picture you can post?

Hi here's a PIC I took today, the scuffs are either side of the turnlock. Nothing major and I wouldnt mind if it was a cheaper bag, and I know this will keep getting worse with every use.

Attachments

• IMG_2014052710560.jpg
    IMG_2014052710560.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 318
I had the same issue on my SS Alexa. It was because the screws on the back of the front plate were a bit rough and stuck out. Once I pointed this out, they both replaced the hardware and fixed the screws so it wouldn't happen again. All for free of course. It hasn't happened again.

I had the same issue on my SS Alexa. It was because the screws on the back of the front plate were a bit rough and stuck out. Once I pointed this out, they both replaced the hardware and fixed the screws so it wouldn't happen again. All for free of course. It hasn't happened again.

That's good to know. Its just a bit heartbreaking when you have to send it off to get fixed when you have only had it a few weeks.

I have the exact same problem with my pebbled beige silky snake Lexy - unfortunately, she is no longer within the year's warranty and, as I had the plastic covering on the lower plate until very recently, it wasn't noticeable ... I expect I'll have to pay - assuming, of course, that they still have the rose gold hardware ... I

I'm also a bit worried as another lady sent off her light coloured bag for repair and it got badly marked whilst away ... Very, very undecided ...

I have a mini alexa in for a refurb at the moment and was told it is an 8 week wait - so if you can I would def get it replaced , you don't want to be without your new baby for 8 weeks :sad:

I also had this exact problem with my silky snake alexa, it was from the same season as the foggy grey, SS12. I would have it replaced if you love the bag, on a positive note all the newer bags I have had since have not had this issue, mulberry seem to have resolved it.

My foggy grey is in repairs at the moment for an inking issue. If you send yours off, they can keep each other company!!

They may not want to come home :smile:

When you had this issue on your SS Alexa and had the hardware replaced was the bag as good as new? I was showing my mom the bag last night and she said she thought they would have to unstitch part of it to change the postman's lock. Worried now

They may not want to come home :smile:

When you had this issue on your SS Alexa and had the hardware replaced was the bag as good as new? I was showing my mom the bag last night and she said she thought they would have to unstitch part of it to change the postman's lock. Worried now

Don't be. She's perfect again!

No I think they just unscrew it? Or maybe that's just the top lock plate. I've had the entire lock replaced including the bottom plate on a couple of bags and I've never been able to notice that it's been done, and I'm super fussy! I would just go for it, I'm sure you will be pleased once it's done.

I had my Daria plaque replaced and zip fixed and I was absolutely thrilled with it. Came back like new. I had worried that you would be able to see the stitch holes, it was amazing! Not a single stitch out of place and completely invisible repair .

Hope it works out