Mulberry regular Lily v medium Lily

Jul 30, 2012
I only use the small Lily as an evening bag and always great for Holidays.

What occasions do you use yours for? Anyone wear them x body ever?

Would you say the medium is an everyday bag?

Medium is very definitely an every day bag i love it it is fast becoming my fav bag ever only wish i could add some more...and that id grabbed one of the taupe bargains from fenwicks before they all sold out. Like you regular is an evening or holiday bag for me and i cant afford holidays anymore ...the priceof the regular is too much for the size id rather pay a bit more and get the bigger bag

I love both. I use my regular for evenings and the medium for any occasion. I can't wear mine crossbody as it sits too high and looks a bit weird on me so I wear it with the strap doubled up. I prefer the regular in bright pops of colour, but the medium in more classic colours which are easier to match.

For me regular lily is occasions or if I really don't need to carry much at all, medium is a good size, I'm used to big bags so I find medium abit small sometimes, I can't fit a bottle of water in as well as my day to day bits, however I've been using med lily day to day for a while and would recommend it. How much do you carry generally?

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I tend to use my regular Lily more now in the daytime as I find that the chain on the medium one digs into my shoulder when carried for too long. If that doesn't bother you then I would say the medium as it's much more roomy and can easily be used for both day and night.:biggrin:

I have one small and two medium. Small lily was my first but since medium came along the small one hasn't seen much daylight. I don't use my medium lily daily. Weekend, trips out and more dressy occasions. I love the medium lily and looking to add to my collection, at the right price!

I also have both and for a while my black medium was my 'go to' bag especially in winter when there is room to put a small umbrella in there too.

Now the weather has picked up and I naturally pack light I've definitely changed to either my medium classic flap or small lily depending on what I'm wearing.

I do agree that full price for the regular lily feels a bit like too much for a bag of that size, but then I also feel like the sudden jump of £200 for the medium was bordering on the ridiculous too.

I'm definitely glad they are bringing out more and more colours for the medium, it's making it harder to stay on the couch however!!

I have an oak regular Lily and I love it. 2 weeks ago I was on a short holiday to York and I brought my SBS and my Lily. My intention was to use my SBS during the day and the Lily at night.
What happened? I used my SBS 1 day and the rest of the days I used my Lily. I took a wallet, camera, phone, tissues, lipbalm, hand sanitizer, hand creme, small suncreen and thats all I really needed. I carried it crossbody and I think it looked great! I will definitely be taking this one again when I go on holiday next!

The only thing that didnt fit in was my sunglasses case.

I use my regular lily quite a lot actually. If I'm going for days out and want to travel light or just popping out and don't need to take much. I am also short enough to wear it cross body.

I don't use my medium lily daily but I could if I wanted to as its so roomy. But I also find it a bit heavy to carry on my shoulder for long periods of time especially if loaded up.

I use the small Lily both day & night (depending on the colour). I do not wear it x body as I find it more comfortable as a shoulder bag but then I very rarely use any bag x body these days unless I have other shopping bags to carry. The medium is a bit big on me so I only tend to use it as a day bag. :smile:

I use my regular lily for evenings mostly, and my medium lilies for everyday - I find them the perfect bag! The medium fits lots and is the ideal size for my needs.

Wow, lots of food for thought here, thank you Ladies. I think I would find the regular too small for anything other than an evening bag. I am still not at all sure if I would use the medium any more than a small. The difference in price isnt bothering me but I do think it's alot for such a small bag. I wouldnt consider paying full price, the most I have paid for the regular till now is £350.......DH is horrifed at the price:noggin:

The comments about the chain strap not being comfortable when medium is fully loaded is definitely worth considering.

My Medium arrived this morning to work. Ive been itching to open it all day but havnt had the chance till now.............so I am just about to open the box :Presents

Wow, lots food for thought here, thank you Ladies. I think I would find the regular too small for anything other than an evening bag. I am still not at all sure if I would use the medium any more than a small. The difference in price isnt bothering me but I do think it's alot for such a small bag. I wouldnt consider paying full price, the most I have paid for the regular till now is £350.......DH is horrified at the price:noggin:

The comments about the chain strap not being comfortable when medium is fully loaded is definitely worth considering.

My Medium arrived this morning to work. Ive been itching to open it all day but havnt had the chance till now.............so I am just about to open the box :Presents

I love both bags and currently own 1 of each but considering adding another regular lily!
Medium lily can get a little heavy sometimes and I have found regular lily so much more useful on holiday. It holds so much for a small bag and is much more useful than my chanel mini which is basically useless and is relegated to conference dinners when I fit it in my Bayswater.

Lately I find myself taking my medium and regular lily on weekend trips away and all my bases are covered. Sometimes I take daria and regular lily so for me regular lily is a bit more useful as medium lily is too dressy for daily work when I prefer to use my Bayswater.

Can't wait to see what you decide!

I don't own a regular lily but then again, the medium one is a ***** of a stretch for me (I like to carry all my things with me at all times.) That said, I don't find the bag to be exceptionally heavy, even when loaded up and mine is always loaded up. My Bal bags are lighter but the medium lily is big enough to take on trips (holds my iPad mini, wallet, pouch of stuffs, tissues and my smallest sunglasses case) and still small and dressy enough to take out at night. I think a long weekend trip to Toronto a few months back is the first time in my life that I've traveled with just one purse and managed to go shopping, out to nice dinners, and on the plane without wishing I had something else.