Tyler

£295
Ledbury
Brooke
Araline
Prairie

£195
Ant

When I started buying most bags were around £595 and I had never heard of the outlets. I got my east west bays in 2008 and just missed getting it before the price went up to £495!!!

This is what I remember, bays was £495, east west £395, ledbury £295, and antony £195. Very easy to remember and logical pricing.

elvisfan4life; £495 Bays....now £895 80.8%increase £195 Ant...now £495!!!!! 153.8%increase!!!![/QUOTE said:
I can't believe how much little ant costs now. 2.5 times as much as it was in 2008 :sad:
My little joel also cost £195 new, I got mine for £140. There are no bags under £500 now, most are closer to £1000. No wonder I'm seeing lots of Michael kors bags in London lately, and when I popped into their shop near oxford circus the other day it was buzzing! Their prices are £200-300+ I think.....

I can't believe how much little ant costs now. 2.5 times as much as it was in 2008 :sad:
My little joel also cost £195 new, I got mine for £140. There are no bags under £500 now, most are closer to £1000. No wonder I'm seeing lots of Michael kors bags in London lately, and when I popped into their shop near oxford circus the other day it was buzzing! Their prices are £200-300+ I think.....

You can't buy anything but a weeny bag for under £600 now it's shocking

Last edited:
I agree it's totally shocking.

I've just done some quick sums, not double checked them, but if prices had increased 10% a year then bays should now be £877 and little ant £345. Bays is actually not far off that but ant has rocketed! However not much has increased by 10% a year lately, certainly not my salary:nogood: Maybe only prices of houses in the south east. Which is why we are stuck in a small house, no way we can upgrade as the difference is too great. I digress.....

If prices had increased by 5% a year, the bays should now be £663 and little ant £261 :smile: Even 5% a year is way more than my salary has increased........

I agree it's totally shocking.

I've just done some quick sums, not double checked them, but if prices had increased 10% a year then bays should now be £877 and little ant £345. Bays is actually not far off that but ant has rocketed! However not much has increased by 10% a year lately, certainly not my salary:nogood: Maybe only prices of houses in the south east. Which is why we are stuck in a small house, no way we can upgrade as the difference is too great. I digress.....

If prices had increased by 5% a year, the bays should now be £663 and little ant £261 :smile: Even 5% a year is way more than my salary has increased........

I've had no pay rise since 2007 now I know why I'm always broke

I was just looking at MK bags myself this week. Love the buzz of hunting down a new bag and at the £200-300 mark, it feels like a treat not a huge investment like a new M bag is!

Since these new price rises I have gone to LV, Miu Miu and Longchamp.

Check out Marc by Marc Jacobs bags, you can get some beautiful bags for under the £500 mark.

My mum has 2 and they're both lovely, I had an mbmj wallet and loved it.

My mum bought an east west bays and used it twice I think until I sold it for her and she used the money to buy one of the two mbmj bags.

Now my mum and dad are pretty well off and she can definitely afford a mulberry or 2 but she refuses to pay the prices. And she doesn't like the new designs, which we agree on!

I was just looking at MK bags myself this week. Love the buzz of hunting down a new bag and at the £200-300 mark, it feels like a treat not a huge investment like a new M bag is!

Since these new price rises I have gone to LV, Miu Miu and Longchamp.

I had a longchamp in my hand at the airport and put it back and I've been kicking myself since! It was reduced from £285 to £110 and was a cute little leather tote with a long strap. No idea what the style was! Wish I'd bought it.

Check out Marc by Marc Jacobs bags, you can get some beautiful bags for under the £500 mark.

My mum has 2 and they're both lovely, I had an mbmj wallet and loved it.

My mum bought an east west bays and used it twice I think until I sold it for her and she used the money to buy one of the two mbmj bags.

Now my mum and dad are pretty well off and she can definitely afford a mulberry or 2 but she refuses to pay the prices. And she doesn't like the new designs, which we agree on!

It's probably an age thing too your mum will be around my age and very few of the newer styles appeal to me as a bag I would wear at my age

Agree. The price increase on the Ant is just unbelievable (not that any of the other one is ok)
Wish I could turn back time to get some more Ledbury :biggrin:

Prices I remember from around 2007/8

£795
Ayler

£595
Roxanne
Annie
Phoebe
Henley
Knightsbridge
Emmy

£495
Bays
Alana
Elgin
Martha
Hanover
Rosemary
Joni

£395
East west bays
Blenheim
Effie
Tyler

£295
Ledbury
Brooke
Araline
Prairie

£195
Ant

When I started buying most bags were around £595 and I had never heard of the outlets. I got my east west bays in 2008 and just missed getting it before the price went up to £495!!!

Great post Elvis, well done :tup: so basically they have at least doubled in five years, totally mental, IMO they are just not anywhere near worth the new prices.........but if course like Bruno said they are using superior leather :giggles::giggles:

Can't see how anyone can think that is normal price increases and inline with other manufacturers :graucho:

Also these are original selling price, what did most of is actually pay???? I didn't buy until they were in the sale or at the Outlet. I find even the Outlet prices now mostly seem too much. I quite like the medium Cecily but I think at £660 it's still too much!

Last edited: