Mulberry Price Increase

Hi Girls,

not sure if you are aware but there is a price increase from 1st June. Just been speaking with a lady at Mulberry. It's not an awful lot e.g if I paid £362 before VAT the new price is £369.36 so about £7 ish - She said it was across the whole range.

K

Has anyone else noticed the very sly changing of prices on mulberry.com?? First I thought it was just me being confused when the Bays got around £50 more expensive a while back but now the Mitzy Messengers have gone up from £350 to £395!!

I think this is very naughty, Mulberry have obviously noticed how popular certain models are and think it is acceptable to increase the price so much! And not to talk about the new season stuff?? I think one of the charms of Mulberry through the years have been that it as kept it's intergrity, not been 'too' hyped and reasonable priced.Now it seems they just want to hype their own bags alot (Alexa for example) and also increase prices on models that are already in stock

I appreciate prices do change, but £50 is alot when saving for something!! Very unhappy about this!

The Bays Clutch has gone up £50, too :Push:

And don't forget the VAT increase in January - I'm sure we'll see prices rise by a further 2%, as well :rolleyes:

I had embraced Mulberry in 2009 as a company offering better value for quality than some of their competitors. When I heard reports of poor quality issues in some bags and they started increasing their prices radically and frequently they lost my trade. The Mulberry star may not ride so high in 2010 if they continue their drive to price up alongside superior brands.

I don't necessarily think that they have "radically and frequently" increased their prices.
I also don't think that the bags are "poor quality"
I am sorry that you don't care to buy Mulberry any longer, but you don't say if YOU have personally experienced a poor quality bag.

I am sorry that you don't care to buy Mulberry any longer, but you don't say if YOU have personally experienced a poor quality bag.

A stud fell out of my Chocolate Roxanne on day 2 (although this is one of many such stud related incidents over the years rather than a new problem) and the zip of my Black Tumbled Sheepskin Shimmy Hobo broke on day 3. I also heard a fair few other tpfers with major complaints last year.

There have been several meaty price hikes recently.

A stud fell out of my Chocolate Roxanne on day 2 (although this is one of many such stud related incidents over the years rather than a new problem) and the zip of my Black Tumbled Sheepskin Shimmy Hobo broke on day 3. I also heard a fair few other tpfers with major complaints last year.

There have been several meaty price hikes recently.

Even I am finding it difficult to defend Mulberry these days.

I was horrified by the thin/nasty poor quality of the (supposedly) NVT leather on the Roxanne/Bays/Ledbury in HOF Bham - seriously the leather was so thin it was stretching!

I certainly wont be paying full prices and Im even seriously thinking of passing on the Alexa...............I cant take the hype Im afraid.

but you don't say if YOU have personally experienced a poor quality bag.

I've posted a thread about my the quality of my rouge noir daria today. It was purchased on 21 November, the bag is discolouring and the handles are peeling. The SA in HoF has told me to bring the bag back and she'll return to Mulberry. Sad thing is, it replaced my shimmy hobo, which I owned for 4 months, before the leather was peeling/spliting.

Have to say, with 2 faulty bags in a row, I am likely to take my money and spend it elsewhere.