Mulberry Price Increase

Sunny101

O.G.
Apr 21, 2010
Just checked on Mulberry.com - keeping an eye on the new Bayswater Tote as I really fancy one but have just noticed the price increase from £695 to £725 - eek!!!

mgrant

May 7, 2016
So I've been stalking the US Mulberry website waiting for the Mini Alexa in Chestnut to become available (for some reason only the black has been steadily available, with chalk going in and out of stock). Since I started looking in January, the price has always been listed as $1025. Now suddenly I look today, and it's jumped up to $1075. For a bag that's only just been released a few months ago, I'm a little shocked. Is that something Mulberry normally does? Looks like all of the Alexa sizes went up in price. I really wish I could have gotten it at the $1025 price (I know, it's only $50, but still), but the color I want always says "coming soon", which is frustrating. The only sites I see that have Chestnut are Farfetch and Selfridges, but they are listed at even higher prices and I don't want to pay import fees.

Jul 5, 2016
So I've been stalking the US Mulberry website waiting for the Mini Alexa in Chestnut to become available (for some reason only the black has been steadily available, with chalk going in and out of stock). Since I started looking in January, the price has always been listed as $1025. Now suddenly I look today, and it's jumped up to $1075. For a bag that's only just been released a few months ago, I'm a little shocked. Is that something Mulberry normally does? Looks like all of the Alexa sizes went up in price. I really wish I could have gotten it at the $1025 price (I know, it's only $50, but still), but the color I want always says "coming soon", which is frustrating. The only sites I see that have Chestnut are Farfetch and Selfridges, but they are listed at even higher prices and I don't want to pay import fees.
As far as I can tell the UK price hasn't gone up - the mini Alexa's still priced at £895 which is the price it was when it came out last year. I would say that generally this appears to be a popular bag (no doubt due to its cuteness) and most premium companies up the price once they work that out. Some kind of price increase on this relaunched Alexa is probably inevitable this year.

mgrant

May 7, 2016
As far as I can tell the UK price hasn't gone up - the mini Alexa's still priced at £895 which is the price it was when it came out last year. I would say that generally this appears to be a popular bag (no doubt due to its cuteness) and most premium companies up the price once they work that out. Some kind of price increase on this relaunched Alexa is probably inevitable this year.
I figured it would go up eventually, but surprised it was so soon! Especially considering all of the colors haven't even become available on the US website yet. I guess Mulberry is following suit with all the price increases from other brands. Kind of annoying! I've also noticed that very few retailers have even gotten the mini Alexa, so the price increase seems even more surprising considering its limited availability (at least in the US). But then again, maybe that limited availability will make someone more willing to suck it up and pay the higher price. Who knows. Wonder why there hasn't been an increase in the UK?

phoebe_chen

Jul 5, 2019
I bit the bullet and ordered one from Farfetch (I live in Canada) with 10% discount! Honestly I thought the price was good bcs every time I checked the Mulberry site from here, it comes down to the same price anyway as in Farfetch (and the GPB rate that @Navajo princess mentioned match the Farfetch price) So I'm actually surprised that the price listed is lower in the US (but again, if it's never in stock, then what's the point).

Reactions: mgrant

mgrant

May 7, 2016
I bit the bullet and ordered one from Farfetch (I live in Canada) with 10% discount! Honestly I thought the price was good bcs every time I checked the Mulberry site from here, it comes down to the same price anyway as in Farfetch (and the GPB rate that @Navajo princess mentioned match the Farfetch price) So I'm actually surprised that the price listed is lower in the US (but again, if it's never in stock, then what's the point).
I wanted to stick with buying directly from Mulberry, as it's just what I do, but I'm starting to feel like I might have to go elsewhere. I started a checkout with the black mini alexa not too long ago just to see what the price would come out to (when it was still $1025), and to my surprise, they didn't charge tax. So that was another reason I was hoping to buy from their site.

How was your farfetch experience? When I started a checkout from them, it said it would be coming from UAE, so lord knows how long that would end up taking. Did you end up having to pay a bunch in duties and import fees after the fact?

phoebe_chen

Jul 5, 2019
I wanted to stick with buying directly from Mulberry, as it's just what I do, but I'm starting to feel like I might have to go elsewhere. I started a checkout with the black mini alexa not too long ago just to see what the price would come out to (when it was still $1025), and to my surprise, they didn't charge tax. So that was another reason I was hoping to buy from their site.

How was your farfetch experience? When I started a checkout from them, it said it would be coming from UAE, so lord knows how long that would end up taking. Did you end up having to pay a bunch in duties and import fees after the fact?
it arrived just now lol! It was fairly quick, I placed an order on Feb 17, it shipped on Feb 19 from UAE (it's from a high-end luxury department store there called Tryano) and I got it on my lunch break today on the Feb 23! And no, I don't have to pay anything extra (it's actually stated in Farfetch that customs and duties are included in the price.

I f I were to buy it here from Nordstrom Canada, they only have black available, CAD 1525 not included tax! I paid CAD 1392.50 included shipping and everything and couldn't be happier! The item is flawless! Attaching some pictures below! (It has all the card from Mulberry, tags both from Mulberry and the department store!)

Hope this helps!

PXL_20210223_205731826.MP.jpg PXL_20210223_205936174.jpg PXL_20210223_211318067.jpg

Jul 5, 2016
I figured it would go up eventually, but surprised it was so soon! Especially considering all of the colors haven't even become available on the US website yet. I guess Mulberry is following suit with all the price increases from other brands. Kind of annoying! I've also noticed that very few retailers have even gotten the mini Alexa, so the price increase seems even more surprising considering its limited availability (at least in the US). But then again, maybe that limited availability will make someone more willing to suck it up and pay the higher price. Who knows. Wonder why there hasn't been an increase in the UK?
It's probably on its way here in the UK as I can't imagine that they would raise the price in one country and not everywhere unless it's something to do with taxes, but I doubt it. At least for the moment there's no increase and I've also checked other stores here that sell Mulberry such as Selfridges, Harrods and John Lewis and there's no increase (yet). Mulberry never seems to have a price increase across the whole range, just certain bags - for example the small Amberley satchel and the regular size Lily have been the same price for a couple of years here in the UK, and about a year ago they knocked £100 off of the medium Lily and have not raised it since. However, other newer bags like the Darley Shoulder bag had a price increase last year within about 7 or 8 months of its launch. I don't understand the logic, because certainly in London the Mulberry bags that I see the most are the Lilys and Amberleys, plus the original Bayswaters, and I suspect that it's overseas customers that are buying the newer designs. Before the various lockdowns here I used to see quite a lot of the old style Alexas which seemed to be a popular choice for workbags - the regular size that is.

mgrant

May 7, 2016
@phoebe_chen Oh wow, so really just 4 days shipping time. That's wayyy better than I expected! Glad to see you got everything that is supposed to come with it (dustbag especially). If I remember correctly, after the discount code and other charges, it would come up to about 1090 for me, so I guess after Mulberry's little price increase, that's not too bad! Your experience makes me feel much better about ordering from Farfetch now. I know Mulberry requires a signature when it's delivered. Is Farfetch the same?

Reactions: phoebe_chen

mgrant

May 7, 2016
It's probably on its way here in the UK as I can't imagine that they would raise the price in one country and not everywhere unless it's something to do with taxes, but I doubt it. At least for the moment there's no increase and I've also checked other stores here that sell Mulberry such as Selfridges, Harrods and John Lewis and there's no increase (yet). Mulberry never seems to have a price increase across the whole range, just certain bags - for example the small Amberley satchel and the regular size Lily have been the same price for a couple of years here in the UK, and about a year ago they knocked £100 off of the medium Lily and have not raised it since. However, other newer bags like the Darley Shoulder bag had a price increase last year within about 7 or 8 months of its launch. I don't understand the logic, because certainly in London the Mulberry bags that I see the most are the Lilys and Amberleys, plus the original Bayswaters, and I suspect that it's overseas customers that are buying the newer designs. Before the various lockdowns here I used to see quite a lot of the old style Alexas which seemed to be a popular choice for workbags - the regular size that is.
I guess they have their reasons for the various increases, but still frustrating nonetheless! I feel like there's some interest in Bayswaters again, especially in the smaller sizes, so I wouldn't be surprised if those increased too (haven't checked yet to confirm). I guess at this point, I should just assume that most luxury brand bags will increase sooner than later. That seems to be the trend. But at least Mulberry is still sitting on the more "affordable" end of luxury, relatively speaking.

Jul 5, 2016
it arrived just now lol! It was fairly quick, I placed an order on Feb 17, it shipped on Feb 19 from UAE (it's from a high-end luxury department store there called Tryano) and I got it on my lunch break today on the Feb 23! And no, I don't have to pay anything extra (it's actually stated in Farfetch that customs and duties are included in the price.

I f I were to buy it here from Nordstrom Canada, they only have black available, CAD 1525 not included tax! I paid CAD 1392.50 included shipping and everything and couldn't be happier! The item is flawless! Attaching some pictures below! (It has all the card from Mulberry, tags both from Mulberry and the department store!)

Hope this helps!

View attachment 4999942 View attachment 4999938 View attachment 4999943
It's beautiful, I'm almost tempted to get one!

Reactions: Taimi and mgrant
Jul 5, 2016
I guess they have their reasons for the various increases, but still frustrating nonetheless! I feel like there's some interest in Bayswaters again, especially in the smaller sizes, so I wouldn't be surprised if those increased too (haven't checked yet to confirm). I guess at this point, I should just assume that most luxury brand bags will increase sooner than later. That seems to be the trend. But at least Mulberry is still sitting on the more "affordable" end of luxury, relatively speaking.
Exactly, and if you shop around deals can be found and Mulberry do have good sales twice a year, plus they have the outlets, so lots of options.

phoebe_chen

Jul 5, 2019
@phoebe_chen Oh wow, so really just 4 days shipping time. That's wayyy better than I expected! Glad to see you got everything that is supposed to come with it (dustbag especially). If I remember correctly, after the discount code and other charges, it would come up to about 1090 for me, so I guess after Mulberry's little price increase, that's not too bad! Your experience makes me feel much better about ordering from Farfetch now. I know Mulberry requires a signature when it's delivered. Is Farfetch the same?
Glad it helps! Farfetch use DHL Express delivery and I purposely ignore the feature from DHL which allows delivered w/o signature as I worried they would just leave it in front of my door. DHL called me like 10mins before they arrived and handed me the package. It was hassle free! :biggrin: