mulberry phoebe bag

Munchkyn said:
I was questioning that one too but I am not quite sure. I am very excited to get mine though and I hope it is as great as I am expecting the dark brown to be. I was to torn between oak and green. I just loved all the colors.

Oohh, I want to see your bag when it arrives! :nuts: And this bag does look like a horse saddle to me for some reason...

fayden said:
i saw that auction. i didn't like the white stitching, the one at saks showed brown stitching. so is that auction fake? i've never seen one in person yet.

Not sure, never seen one in person too. :sad2:

Munchkyn said:
I just bought a dark brown one too from http://www.bobellisshoes.com/

At this price, I could not give it up. I was debating over the oak or the dark brown but I decided to go with the dark brown. I was afraid the oak might easily show scratches. Does anyone know if it does on the oak?

I have not seen this thread somehow, Munchkin, my sister-in-law has the Mulberry Pheobe in dark brown.....it's gorgeous!!!! You will love it, Enjoy! My sister-in-law puts milk bottles in her Bottega Veneta's (shameful)....She has had hers for months....it still looks beautiful, also it will age well regardless of the scratches with that equestrian look!

fayden said:
i saw that auction. i didn't like the white stitching, the one at saks showed brown stitching. so is that auction fake? i've never seen one in person yet.

Loganz says the real one does not have white stitching but brown dark stitching. Bagpuss had that same questions so apparently the one on ebay is fake.

star3777 said:
I have not seen this thread somehow, Munchkin, my sister-in-law has the Mulberry Pheobe in dark brown.....it's gorgeous!!!! You will love it, Enjoy! My sister-in-law puts milk bottles in her Bottega Veneta's (shameful)....She has had hers for months....it still looks beautiful, also it will age well regardless of the scratches with that equestrian look!

Is the dark brown really dark that it almost looks black? I guess the reason I choose the dark brown is because it looks kinda vintage. Now I just can't wait for it since you mention how gorgeous it is:love: Thanks so much for your response!

Sorry I didn't see your post until now Munchkyn- my Phoebe is supposed to arrive middle of next week as well, I think we ordered it on the same day. I got the dark brown as well and am expecting the dark stitching. I think the color is officially chocolate according to Mulberry. I have also read that Kiwi waterproofing spray is a good product to use on the bag to prevent rainspots from staining it so I think I may give that a try.
I don't know about a lot of styles that I have seen pictured but this one I loved it instantly. It does look like a saddlebag.