Mulberry Oversized Alexa or Proenxa PS1

lv_chloe

May 13, 2010
Hi Guys:

I am wondering if any of you guys have either one of this bag....I have been wanting to the Mulberry Alexa...but then I saw the Proenza and it looks a little bit more distressed, which I like. However I don't really like the back of the Proenza and can't find any good pics of the whole interior...

What is you guys opinion of either one of these bag?

Also is there any Mulberry outlet either here in the US or in the UK?
I hope the outlet sells the classic such as the Bayswater. ;)

Thanks!

I don't own any of these bags but I've done a lot of reading about them on here and it seems like the PS1 is of better quality. I've read quite a few scary stories on the Mulberry forums about the Alexa: the leather looks cheap and is really thin, straps are falling off etc...

In my opinion the Alexa looks slouchier than the PS1 which I don't like but that's very subjective, I know some people like that.

Hi LV, I've tried Alexa but it wasn't for me, the look that is, but it looks fab on loads of people. Mulberry's quality isn't what it used to be I'm afraid.

I haven't tried Proenza before so have no opinion to offer, sorry :smile:

There are outlets in the UK - I'm not sure where you are based but they only ship within the UK (the outlets are located in Bicester, York, Cheshire Oaks, & Shepton Mallet ph:01749 340 583). Hope this helps.

I have a bayswater in oak and as PS1 keep all, they are similar bags in a way but I do much prefer the PS1 if I had a choice between the 2.
Admittedly I wouldn't be without either but if I had to chose it would be the PS1, I just find the leather so much softer, the style is gorgeous and it's a little bit different to what I normally see around.
I recently ordered an oak Alexa and then cancelled it after reading about the quality issues with it and the not so good leather. So between the Alexa and PS1 I'd definitely pick the PS1.
In the end though it's up to what you prefer I think.

Hi LV, I've tried Alexa but it wasn't for me, the look that is, but it looks fab on loads of people. Mulberry's quality isn't what it used to be I'm afraid.

I haven't tried Proenza before so have no opinion to offer, sorry :smile:

There are outlets in the UK - I'm not sure where you are based but they only ship within the UK (the outlets are located in Bicester, York, Cheshire Oaks, & Shepton Mallet ph:01749 340 583). Hope this helps.
Maplecottage, what is the current thinking on the quality of new Bayswaters available? I have started to research buying one and I am concerned about quality issues. Thanks.