Mulberry Oversized Alexa in Nude Plonge

ReRe

ReRe
O.G.
Apr 16, 2006
Hi Ladies, I am a visitor from BV, and am very attracted to this bag. I only have one Mulberry, a black Phoebe, and would love your thoughts on this bag. Do you think it would be a primarily summer bag, its made of lambskin. How does that leather wear, and is the bag difficult to get in an out of, any comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• mulberry alexa nude plonge.jpg
    mulberry alexa nude plonge.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,018
Hi Re Re and welcome - if you have a search there is a whole thread where alexa ladies have posted all their comments on alexa good and bad- its a long one be prepared!!!

I have the regular Oak Leopard Alexa and can honestly say that I can get in and out of it just fine. I can do it whilst wearing the bag and do not have to take it off or put it down for access. I don't know about lambskin sorry so can't comment on that aspect. My only slight concern would be that a bag that light in colour might mark easily. But, if you in love with it and you can trust yourself to treat it carefully then why not listen to your heart and buy the bag you truly desire, lol?!! xx

Hi Re Re and welcome! I have regular oak Alexa and find her a dream to carry. Access can be a bit fiddly but that is the same for all bags with flaps imo, so I agree with Iwanb that access is fine. Spoke to the SA at Cheshire Oaks re the plonge lambskin and she said it is a bit more delicate than the buffalo, but then if you spend that amount on a bag you aren't likely to chuck it around too much are you?!!!! Go for it!

I can't comment on the nude colour, as I have only seen the black. But I did try on the black plonge lambskin Alexa in a store recently, and I loved the leather quality. The plonge lambskin is soft and textured, not entirely smooth but with a weathered look that mixes beautifully with the glossy snakeskin trim. To me this bag is an attractive mix between rocker chic and everyday elegant - it works equally well with a business suit or jeans.

I was afraid that the lambskin would feel too soft and thin, compared to the thicker buffalo of the oak and ink Alexas, but since the bag is lined this isn't a problem, it feels quite sturdy and holds its shape well - thanks also to the snakeskin trim that is kind of stiff and holds the bag together.

I found that the hanging straps on the front were a wee bit annoying when trying to get in and out of the bag, they are fastened with magnetic poppers and just decoration. The real lock is the postmans lock. But I guess you would get used to how to handle them, it was not a big problem, really. (I'm used to Bayswaters with just the postmans lock and no additional straps).

Inside, there was a small cellphone pocket and a zipped pocket, the bag is quite roomy and I would probably use some kind of bag liner in it, for extra pockets and some added stability (but I prefer structured bags).

The nude colour is probably sensitive to colour transfer from dark denim etc, as are all light lethers, but I dont think this bag is more sensitive than any other light coloured bag. The plonge lambskin has a weathered look, if you get some tiny scratches it will not be a huge problem. I think that a little wear will just add to the character of this particular bag.

The messenger strap is very long, most of the girls have made extra holes in their Alexa straps. You could also double the strap by opening the buckle and threading the strap through one of the loops, and then re-fasten the buckle and attatch both clasps to the other loop. That way, it makes a shoulder bag.

Good luck, and please post pics if you decide to get it!

Thank you all so much for the information. I'd like to see the bag IRL, any ideas on places to order from besides mulberry.com, I'm in Philadelphia.

Thank you all so much for the information. I'd like to see the bag IRL, any ideas on places to order from besides mulberry.com, I'm in Philadelphia.

If you order direct from the store in Madison Avenue, New York, you wont pay as much in fees/taxes & they will do mail order for you! :biggrin: They may have a waiting list though ..!

Hi, I'm picking up my Alexa in black plonge this week :yahoo: and will post pics as soon as I can.
We appt have some major problem with the disc so can't do anything with photos until that is sorted this coming weekend- husband is off traveling with work and not back until Fri (he's the technical one).

Aww, exciting about black plonge annaswe, really looking forward to your pics when 'the technical one' gets back :biggrin:

And Vicky, fab review! Love the look of this one in both the black and nude.

ReRe good luck if you decide to contact Madison Ave - keep us posted :yahoo:

^ Liz, nope, we heard from Mulberry that they are all sold out and to wait for more colours to come out. Im still hoping, but they are hard to find. You will find one on ebay for a rediculous price, but in my experience, Mulberry pitched these bags at too high a price in the first place. Nobody will pay over the odds for a bag you can only use occasionally :smile:!

I got an e-mail from Mulberry saying that they're not releasing this anymore. Hopefully they'll change their mind?

- - -
Hi

You recently asked us to notify you when more of the Oversized Alexa in Nude Plonge Lambskin arrived at Mulberry.com. Due to extraordinarily high demand, this style has unfortunately sold out and we are not expecting many more to become available.

We are truly sorry if you had your heart set on one this season, but we are pleased to let you know that there will be new fabulous styles of the Alexa in our Autumn Winter collection launching in the not-very-far-off month of July!

Be sure to stay tuned for the launch of our Autumn Winter 2010 Alexas at www.mulberry.com!

Love

Mulberry

Last edited: