Mulberry on Breakfast News this morning

Meerkat38

Feb 15, 2010
Can't see a thread about this so thought I start one!

On BBC news this morning, there was a report on Mulberry issuing a profits warning about 5 minutes ago saying that they are considering lowering the prices of their products to make it more affordable and appealing to their fans.

Interesting! I think they've made the right decision admitting the price hikes weren't doing them any good.

I wonder when they will be lowering prices. I'm going to Oxford in 2 weeks, maybe I will be able to afford a new bag 😄

Sorry Ladies,

The press have both mis-quoted and misinterpreted the letter sent out to share holders. There will be no price cuts. The intention is to slow the expansion programme overseas, consolidate the current position and introduce some new lines in the middle price range.

Whether you like the current prices or not, it would be a very poor decision to cut prices, devaluing and undermining the brand. The current interim exec Godfrey Davis managed Mulberry through it's most successful period and is looking to strengthen the brand, not weaken it.

:smile:

Sorry Ladies,

The press have both mis-quoted and misinterpreted the letter sent out to share holders. There will be no price cuts. The intention is to slow the expansion programme overseas, consolidate the current position and introduce some new lines in the middle price range.

Whether you like the current prices or not, it would be a very poor decision to cut prices, devaluing and undermining the brand. The current interim exec Godfrey Davis managed Mulberry through it's most successful period and is looking to strengthen the brand, not weaken it.

:smile:
Well that is negative press for them then!
People will expect lower prices though. I think bags will be more heavily discounted in the sales and they will stop the massive price increases for a bit.