mulberry not welcome anymore is this right?

fees are approx 12% so that would be approx £45 to sell + £20 pay pal fees so that makes £18 profit hardly worth bothering about, and its not my account by the way i just know fees are alot and if sellers can make a profit then why not, some of them do a good job!

think that was me who said it was not my listings?

Trying to multi-quote, but I can't get it to work...

...anyway, Bayley's response was to the pink cheetah keyrings which she said she didn't list - not the Ledburys.

I think this thread has unearthed enough unpleasantness. Suffice to say that Mulberry's approach was utterly unprofessional.

I think regardless of the rights and wrongs of the situation (I can't really comment as I don't use Ebay and have no idea about the listings involved) Bayley has been treated very shoddily by Mulberry. Even if they have a genuine point regarding reselling from outlets they should never have treated her like that in public. I have been on the receiving end of something not too dissimilar in the past and it makes you feel dreadful, especially as in this case when the criticism was largely undeserved. Just based on that my opinion of the Mulberry brand has lowered substantially. I also don't think there is any need for any nastiness on here and kicking someone when they are already down, thinking of you Bayley and hope this gets resolved for you in as much as it can be xx

I think you may have done this.......you did tell me you weren't the person that had listed the ledburys, and it appears you are.............

the keyrings are not my listings i did not get asked directly about the ledburys -you have your wires crossed julie

i appreciate all comments and will take them on board as everyones opinion is welcome

bye x

No one should be ridiculed and publicly humiliated for such silly things .we pride ourselves to be having some respect and for mulberry which claims to be of high standing does not do them justice .its not murder or something like that ,why make a big thing .I really understand what you are going through but this disgusting behavoiur from them is not called for .

Whatever / whenever I buy anything from Mulberry - be it from New Bond Street or Bicester, by the time I've paid for it, I've already fallen in love with it and used it (I've even been known to swap bags at the till before now).... So I applaud anyone with the ability to walk out of a Mulberry store and not use a bag immediately!!!

Just thought the mood could do with a little lightening!!!

Sorry Bayley, yes I have got my wires crossed! very easy to do on a forum. So apologies.

I do wish you well and I hope you're not too upset about all this. Mulberry havebehaved badly in the way they have handled it.

xxx

There are many different strands to this story. People will agree & disagree with what resellers do. Resellers who are upfront about their stock will be less controversial on this forum than resellers who don't disclose where the stock comes from or what it is. I'm not making a comment on you Bayley, as although I realised that you had a business listing on eBay when I went to look - I did not go through your item listings, so I can't comment.

But I do think that Mulberry should try & implement a proper policy on this & make it clear to everyone. To feel that you are a valued customer one day & friendly with the SAs to being persona-non-grata the very next day & told that in public is not a nice experience. I can see how it would be upsetting, and that an activity that you enjoyed & made a few quid from has been taken away from you.

It may have been better to have been a bit more upfront about the reselling in your initial post as it would seem that most people here feel that the amount of Mulberry items that you've sold, do put you in the resellers camp. Reselling is not against the law, though as far as I know, & I do think Mulberry have handled this one very ineptly. I can understand why you are upset by the experience. And let's face I don't really believe that Mulberry are doing this to look after consumers (if they were they would post to all customers from outlets, in the UK & beyond) - the company makes it's decisions based on what's best for it's profits.

re mulberry profits -they are quite happy to sell to you knowing that ebay activity does exist to hit their targets -once they have been met by your custom(targets) they drop you like a hot potatoe

Oh wow, this thread turned into quite the read since I checked it last.

To be honest, I don't care if M like what we do with their products once we buy them or if I can understand where they're coming from (I do see their point, just to be clear). At the end of the day, as long as it's legal, they can try to fight resellers all they want, they won't have much luck on a larger scale if they keep the outlets open and don't mark the bags more clearly.
They're a multinational company with massive resources and instead of really tackling this issue with the appropriate means, they're running around like a chicken with its head cut off. So they take down a few resellers and then what? The next one will be just around the corner.
If they really want to protect their brand and their customers, they might try something along the lines of this: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/30/technology/30iht-lvmh.4.14109529.html

I know, selling sub-standard luxury bags on Ebay without making it clear what they are is not okay. But ... you know, this is Ebay we're talking about. If I buy something expensive on there, I research the bejeesus out of the item and ask questions. It still doesn't make it okay on the side of the seller (and I'm just talking in general here) but still. It's risky and everybody knows it. Both parties need to act responsibly in my opinion.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. I appreciate the interesting discussion btw. :tpfrox:

Good post anna. To be honest if resellers are selling old season stock bought from the outlet at a small profit I don't have a problem with it! At least people overseas can then potentially pick up a bargain. I do however have a problem with the '0' stamped bags or sub items not being declared but e-bay is a minefield as we all know and you have to do your research. I have reported items with scored labels in the past being sold by a reputable ebay seller (bags all genuine no doubt)

Flyvetjo, I agree that the 0 stamped bags are an issue, no doubt. An annoying one and I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to report people who are being dishonest in their descriptions or are even selling fakes. :woohoo: So thank you and everyone else here who takes the time.
It's doubly annoying if you consider that Ebay users are doing more about this (reporting etc.) than Ebay or Mulberry themselves. You would think they'd be more involved here.

The biggest issue I think is that they could have had the decency to speak to you calmly and perhaps in a back room. Even if you were arrested for something people would treat you better then that!

Whether I agree with your selling is not the issue, Mulberry should have acted with some decorum and should have provided you with the terms and conditions and at least a name and number of someone to discuss this with. x