Mulberry Newbie - advice please!

pix_nik

Sep 28, 2009
how do you feel anya differs to mulberry, i am just not familiar with mulberry and now feel like i made a hash of choosing which is unfair to mulberry as thats my fault. do you think anya hindmarch bags are more formal, older ?
I think that you are being unfair to yourself saying that you made a hash of choosing your 1st mulberry. The bag you chose is a beautiful, classy bag and if I saw a 50 year old woman carrying it I would look at her with envy!

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
New Mexico
iwantahermes said:
thank you... i will think on, although every picture i google of it shows a much younger girl carrying it, but i suppose it depends on your style and you are right about it ultimately comes down to whether you like it.
does anyone know (not being familiar with mulberry bicester) i though the sales assistant said that you could post returns, i just live such a long way from there so the option to post if i decided on a credit note would suit me but i cant manage to get through to bicester they dont pic up the phone, so advice on if anyone has any info on returning bags in the post to bicester. thanks again.
Oh well don't go by advertising since they always show young people in ads.
If you love the bag, keep it!
If your DH doesn't love it, tell him he cannot borrow it.

scottishdoll

Apr 11, 2012
Berkshire, UK
I hope that you do love the bag and decide to keep it.

Sometimes my mum can be quite negative about things that I buy and love and in the end I take them back. She goes on and on sometimes and in the end it really makes me not enjoy what I bought. :rain:

Sue247

Apr 3, 2011
I just googled the bag and think it is lovely. I have bought bags and thought it was lovely in the shop and got home and not been so sure. I think if you are not 100% and are having doubts maybe it is best to change it and get one you are totally happy with. It is a lot of money to spend to not be totally sure I think.

Bethanh

May 24, 2012
I love this tillie. I think that the age thing is more about attitude than a number. I can definitely see my mum carrying your tillie and she is 70!! So I definitely don't think that it is too young for you - that is one of the things I love about mulberry - they make beautiful classic bags that can be worn by any age. I say keep it. My DH gets no say when it comes to my bags!!

Wombatjoey

Jun 19, 2012
I purchased a bag from he Shepton Mallet outlet whilst on holiday, once back home (3 hours away) I decided it was too much of an impulse purchase and I checked with the main Mulberry customer services and they advised that I could return the bag by post to Shepton Mallet, I did and hey sent me a credit note within a couple of days which I used in a main Mulberry store.

Ruby C

Jul 31, 2011
UK
I love that bag!! I bought the sparkle tweed tillie but unfortunately it had to go back. My mam loved my sparkle tweed tillie - even thou it was completely not her thing! I'm 25 and she is 50....
I could def imagine my mam with your bag! It's classy and has a bit of a retro vibe :smile:
Also, me and my younger sister are always borrowing my mams stuff! So I would say keep it!!

Dec 27, 2007
maybe i will return and put the credit note towards an oak alexa....or shall i keep - oH i dont know!! wish hubby has kept his thoughts to himself. just cant face ebaying it.

Rapunchel

O.G.
Mar 11, 2009
I love, love, LOVE this Tillie! The suede is just gorgeous, and the gold colored hardware and the blue color is a beautiful combination. I think you would rock that Tillie if you decide to keep it!

Sheleznekoff

Jul 4, 2012
I've just googled it and it looks lovely! If you love the bag then keep it, don't worry about what anybody else thinks! :smile:

Mayfly285

Sep 19, 2012
Derbyshire
For reference, I just googled your bag and thought it looked lovely. HOWEVER, the main point is whether or not YOU like it and will be happy carrying it?! Don't go by husbands; mine thought the Roxanne in khaki looked like army fatigues and has called one of my Anya Hindmarch (yes, I have a large collection of hers, too!) a "Miss Marple" bag!! :biggrin: Did it affect me? Yes, on the Roxy, which I didn't buy, but I still love - and wear - my Ebury. (Mind you, I do wear a little hat and button shoes when I do!) ;)

I'm currently dithering over a number of different sale bags (I already own two Alexas, which are deemed "young" but I'm in your age area) and the only consideration I'm giving them is a) do I love them? b) will I carry them? c) will they do the job I want them to? I don't think a Lexy is really a work bag - your satchel, or a Bayswater, would probably be more appropriate. But, in the end, you have a lovely bag at a super price and if you like her - carry her and enjoy it!! :biggrin:

HMGN

->^..^<-
Jul 15, 2012
I like the Tillie - personally I would keep the bag and try for a credit note for your husband! lol!
;)