Mulberry Mabel - soft spongy leather, goat skin or grain leather?

Jaeniver

O.G.
Apr 3, 2009
Hello!

I was just wondering has anyone bought Mabel in this new spongy leather they have on their website? How durable is it? I am wondering between buying a used Mabel (grain leather or goat skin) or buying a new one from the store (this new spongy leather).

I already own a gold Mabel in snakeskin (I LOOOOVE IT!:love:) but it is so fragile that I only use it in special occasions.. That is why I have been looking for another Mabel to use on daily basis. I love the model!

So what do you think? I think the grain leather would be ideal for my purpose because its thick and durable material but I would love to hear some experiences from you girls :smile:

I also love the goatskin (I have a red goatskin mabel). It is durable and does not suffer in the rain. I have no experience with the spongy leather but have read reports from other ladies that it scratches. Perhaps someone with more experience of spongy leather will pop along soon.

I have the refined grain and it is my favourite, it is unbelievable soft and tactile and the grain makes it more interesting to look at and not so 'flat' as the other leathers. It is also hardwearing. I must say of all the Mulberry bags I've had, Bays, Roxy etc Mabel is by far my favourite. It's big and roomy, fits on the shoulder and is lightweight!

I have the refined grain and it is my favourite, it is unbelievable soft and tactile and the grain makes it more interesting to look at and not so 'flat' as the other leathers. It is also hardwearing. I must say of all the Mulberry bags I've had, Bays, Roxy etc Mabel is by far my favourite. It's big and roomy, fits on the shoulder and is lightweight!

Totally agree. I have spongy leather bags too and its a lovely leather but refined grain is really special. Black Mabel fills up to a beautiful shape and relaxes to a beautiful shape unlike stiffer materials. It's luxurious and durable at the same time.

I vote for goatskin too. I've got a rose Mabel in goatskin and it doesn't scratch or scuff at all. I have got a slight watermark on the bottom though :crybaby: after putting it down on a splash of water somwhere, so make sure you collonil thoroughly if you go for goat!

I have large Mabels in refined grain and goatskin, and a Mabel Hobo in soft spongey. Each one is very different. I think it depends on the colour and leather combination. Some colours suit certain leathers better iykwim. I love all three and cannot choose one over another. Don't think you can go wrong with any of them.