Mulberry Mabel - can´t choose between patent and nappa leather

piisku_h

Jul 18, 2009
Hi ladies! I´ve been looking for Mulberry Mabel in pale pink and now there´s two on eBay - the other one is nappa leather and other is patent leather. Now I just can´t seem to decide which one would be lovelier :biggrin: What do you think? I´m looking for an everyday bag...

Sep 21, 2007
i had the same problem a couple of days ago! i went for the nappa leather, reminded me of pink marshmellows!

corries2

Saor Alba
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Nappa hands down for me. I'm not sure about Mabel in patent personally.
Nappa is fabulous.
Have you looked at Soft Spongey too. It's very lovely and hard wearing.

Jul 9, 2009
nappa here too from those choices- pink ones at york today only £298 i think- much less than others anyway they were over £400

numnut

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
If only!
I have the fuschia patent mabel and it is absolutely gorgeous - a stunner. I suppose it depends on whether you want to "scream" bling! or be a little understated with the Nappa.

I love my mabel but it definitely isn't an everyday bag - weekends and special occasions! By the way an expensive bag originally £695 - so if you are getting a bargain on ebay worth going for it.

Here she is with large Anthony for size.

Attachments

B

bluecat_00

Doesn't nappa scratch badly? Just what I was told - I have no experience of this.

hulahoop

Hula O'Hoop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
UK
^^^ My soft nappa araline doesnt, I think its the washed nappa that is prone to scratches...

B

bluecat_00

Ah, that would be it. I wondered if I had dreamt it. I do dream odd things.

piisku_h

Jul 18, 2009
Thank you so much for your opinions ;) I think I´m ending up to nappa anyway although the patent leather looks gorgeous, too... It´s so hard to decide...

maplecottage

Sep 20, 2008
London
Good luck with your choice - I personally would go for Nappa over patent in the mabel style - patent is lovely but it is quite blingy on Mabel, so you would have to love bling for sure (as mentioned by Numnut too) :smile: