Mulberry leather clinic?

Sarah Lizzie

Feb 11, 2010
I'm sure that I've read in a previous thread ..a long time ago.. that Mulberry offer a leather revamp/refreshment service? Do correct me if I'm wrong! It's just that I received a lovely darwin bag this week, BUT it smells of fabric detergent ..a house that's had washing drying on the radiators IYKWIM?! Tis a lovely bag, I'd just dearly love to get rid of this wiff!:faint: ...the No5 just aint working:lol:

Slowhand

O.G.
Feb 12, 2009
West Berkshire (UK)
You might find that with time and fresh air that the smell goes away. You could also try sealing it in a bag/box with one of the Neutradol things that removes smells without any fragrance of their own ?

Would love to see a pic of your lovely Darwin bag btw !

corries2

Saor Alba
O.G.
Jan 3, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Oohhh fab thank you Slow:hugs: It really is an awful smell! x
Can't recommend them highly enough Sarah Lizzie. I have a bag down there at the moment. I am a clumsy clot. I will post pics when it comes back. It honestly is better than attempting to fix at home if it's as bad as you say.

Sarah Lizzie

Feb 11, 2010
Oohhh thank you for the advice Slow & Corries:hugs: Yes, it's truly a 'gagworthy' smell! I had it outside airing yesterday ..the only thing that happened was severe rigor mortis setting in due to the -8 temp:nuts: Yes I'm definitely going to have to send her away, it'll save me a fortune in No5 anyway!!! I'll take a pic of before tomorrow ...and after when she returns for you slow! Thank you again! xoxox

Ondrea

O.G.
Aug 6, 2009
Oohhh thank you for the advice Slow & Corries:hugs: Yes, it's truly a 'gagworthy' smell! I had it outside airing yesterday ..the only thing that happened was severe rigor mortis setting in due to the -8 temp:nuts: Yes I'm definitely going to have to send her away, it'll save me a fortune in No5 anyway!!! I'll take a pic of before tomorrow ...and after when she returns for you slow! Thank you again! xoxox
What type of bag is it and what do they do to it to get rid of a smell? Really curious a problem I have never heard of before or getting it sent away to freshen it up.

LadyBo

Oct 23, 2010
Why don't you try the neutradiol that Slow suggested first. It really works and will save you some money. I used on a bag that smelled strongly of smoke and it worked a treat.

Sarah Lizzie

Feb 11, 2010
It's a Darwin Roxanne, the poor girl is feeling very unloved at the mo! I don't know what they'd do to rid of the smell, maybe treat the leather with some sort of magic smell zapping potion?!:happydance: She has some water marks on her and a deepish scratch to the back, so these issues could be addressed at the same time as the stench me thinks!!!!
I will be sure to give the Neutradol a whirl too!
I'm going to send them my chocolate roxy at the same time as she's looking VERY old!!!! She's been my go to bag for the last 6 years so you can imagine the state she's in!
Thank you for all the wonderful advice once again ladies:hugs: It's much appreciated! x