Mulberry keyring question!

Hollie27

Feb 6, 2011
I am thinking of getting this for my littlest sisters graduation:

http://www.mulberry.com/store/products/heart_keyring/metal/pale_gold/RK0179_000P135/6211

I'd like to have her graduation date engraved on the back. Mulberry have said they wouldn't recommend engraving on either thee gold or silver version as they are both plated and they can't confirm the plating would be thick enough.

Obviously I know I should listen to Mulberry. But I'd really like to have it engraved! Has anyone any experience of personalising a Mulberry keyring?

Hi Hollie,

What a lovely, thoughful gift. I would heartily recommend you follow Mulberry's advice though, as it would be gutting to pay so much money to find that it was ruined. Is there any way you could find a stainless steel (or something similar) tag that could be engraved and attached to the ring....?

:shrugs:

Just a thought, I know it is not mulberry but tiffany have lovely key rings that they engrave for you....

http://www.tiffany.co.uk/Shopping/I...params=s+5-p+2-c+297640-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Totally agree I recently sold my Tiffany Key ring that I had had for 6 years & it still looked great & you can engrave on the other side, not sure Tiffany may even offer this service but I certainly would follow what Mulberry said as you don't want to ruin it before you give it to your sister......Nice thought by the way;)

Thank you ladies.

I had seen the Tiffany ones. In fact a friend got one for her wedding recently with the date on the back. I *may* have stolen this idea! And unusually Mulberry are the cheaper option for once!

I thought I could do the wedding idea on a Mulberry keyring, but like you say I dont want to ruin it. I was hoping some of would say 'mine is engraved and it's fine!!'

I guess the difference is Tiffany are solid silver so it doesn't matter how deep you engrave, where as Mulberry have plated theirs. Even the silver one. I wonder what colour it is on the inside...